New MAW website
-> CFS3

#1: New MAW website Author: Nausicaa PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:48 pm
    ----
Check out the new MAW website, the upcoming third party mod for CFS3.
The website is still under construction partly, but you can see films of MAW in the "Media" section which are worthwhile checking out. Note that you need Macromedia Flash Player to see the streams.

Dissappointing (for me) is the Scenery section. Seems that giving 1,000 aircraft in their 1,000 variations was more important then buidling a real "world" and war-scenery for them to fly in. Hm,...not really surprised about that personally....just my 2 cents.

But you never know with what the third party wizards come up next, especially when the project is given from the closed team to the public community.

www.medairwar.com/

Nausicaa

#2: Re: New MAW website Author: Mathias PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:14 pm
    ----
- Nausicaa
Dissappointing (for me) is the Scenery section. Seems that giving 1,000 aircraft in their 1,000 variations was more important then buidling a real "world" and war-scenery for them to fly in. Hm,...not really surprised about that personally....just my 2 cents.

Nausicaa

Well, you can't please every blessed mother's son, it seems. Wink
The facilities section is in no way a complete list of available scenery.
It's just a list of spots that are to date done as per their historical counterparts, means, Taranto harbour looks like it has been back in 1940.
The some ten of thousand square miles of the theatre are well populated with MAW unique cities, villages, combat areas etc etc pp.
Also, if you had bothered to read the news you would have figured that the page's content will improve over the next couple of weeks.

#3: Re: New MAW website Author: Mathias PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:41 pm
    ----
- Nausicaa
But you never know with what the third party wizards come up next, especially when the project is given from the closed team to the public community.

www.medairwar.com/

Nausicaa

While MAW is open to mods we do not recommend to add stuff if you're into multyplayer.
Apart from that, "the community" is pretty much widestly involved into the MAW developement so it seems to be all in good hands. Twisted Evil

#4: Re: New MAW website Author: Nausicaa PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:34 pm
    ----
Yep I read the news. Read all of the site actually, and looked at every movie. Seems that is down today though, but it was stated that it is under construction.

And no you cant' please everybody, that is nothing new.

#5: Re: New MAW website Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:41 pm
    ----
I can't help but get the impression that this may have been previously discussed between the two of you and is now spilling over here.

Nuasicaa, thank you for the passing along the news and information on MAW, and Mathias, thank you and your team for their fine work which no doubt CFS3'ers will enjoy. Some on your team are also good friends or acquaintances of ours from the past, as is Nausicaa, and I mean it when I say, please pass along our best to them!

And to you both, welcome (back) to our cozy home here at Com-Central where we simply enjoy each other's company and comraderie, nothing more and nothing less... Wink .....S! and thanks again, gents.

#6: Re: New MAW website Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:51 am
    ----
Correct me if I'm wrong...but it looks like the same website I looked at six months ago. I think I'm missing something here.

#7: Re: New MAW website Author: Nausicaa PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:02 am
    ----
Yes, it's the old MAW site again, at least seems so for now. It was a new one yesterday and the day before. As it was said on the site it's still under construction, so the new one will probably be back up soon.

And no, I didn't discuss MAW with Mathias previously. This is not a discussion "that swapped over", I looked at the new site and posted the news, along with a little personal impression. I did so on other forums too, the JG101 forum on 46th.net and some others.

Thanks for the welcome. I actually read com central regularily, posted once or twice as a "guest", but I decided to register now, as opening threads as a guest doesn't seem to be possible.

Nausicaa

#8: Re: New MAW website Author: Mathias PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:14 am
    ----
Thanks for the welcome back stoopy.
And no worries about Naus and me.
We may have crossed swords at occasion in the past, but be sure we don't let it go wild. Laughing

Moser, yes, the old site is temporary back as we run into some trouble with the new design.

#9: Re: New MAW website Author: Nausicaa PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:34 pm
    ----
sig -test...

-> CFS3