Reporting aboard Sir!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: glad to be on board Author: Karl PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:25 pm
    ----
Smile Great move, finally no cassino stuff.

Thank you,

karl.

#17: Re: Reporting aboard Sir! Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:54 pm
    ----
Jeff

I love your AVATAR!!

Guess I need to work on mine somemore

Don

#18: Re: Reporting aboard Sir! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:01 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Jeff

I love your AVATAR!!

Guess I need to work on mine somemore

Don

Yeah, but you haven't seen the ovaled out turret ring yet.... Wink

#19: Re: Reporting aboard Sir! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:24 pm
    ----
- bsmart

Also what's this about all of us being power users. Sounds like a political commentary on the fuel consumption of our favorite rides.

Bob...
We have kinda' an inverse sense of status here to make everyone comfortable. Power users is "us"...you and me. The ones with the title "janitor" are the ones "who must be obeyed"....they are the admins of this site. Ain't jokin', neither....

CC has an inverted anti-elitism streak to it...refreshing yet perverse, with just a hint of oak and elderberry and no lingering aftertaste. Wink

Last edited by Doug_Kibbey on Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

#20: Re: Reporting aboard Sir! Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:24 pm
    ----
Oh, thanks Don. I really don't know where I 'borrowed' Laughing it from, but it fits!

BTW ... we have an Ontos near where I live at Camp Atterbury. I went there a few years ago to photo some A1 Shermans there and fell in love with the "THING." Had to immediately go search on the net for info on it for I had never seen one before!

Now I know!

Jeff

#21: Re: Reporting aboard Sir! Author: DCCLarke PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:36 am
    ----
Is it just me? I keep seeing "JV-44" and other wingy things at the top of the page..................

Best,
David

#22: Re: Reporting aboard Sir! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:43 am
    ----
- DCCLarke
Is it just me? I keep seeing "JV-44" and other wingy things at the top of the page..................

Best,
David

Entirely normal, David. The entire site originated as a cluster of combat and peaceful flight simulation "virtual squadrons" that came together for a place to gather and share information and good company...pretty much what we do in our armor community. The banners you see like "JV-44" and others are some our virtual squadron members...you can see ALL the forums and the member squadrons on this page of CC:

www.com-central.net/in...ame=Forums

This is kind of a dream for me...I get to combine both my interests at a single website! Also, know that most of our FS guys are adults and enjoy some good times online in multiplayer flight...both of the peaceful and combat oriented types....we wouldn't mind at all if some of you guys develop some interest is this stuff...and vice versa. Check out the FS2004 forum especially...some of the realism available there is amazing. We also host free downloads like addon aircraft and sceneries, among other things. Some good folks here....

#23: Re: Reporting aboard Sir! Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:49 am
    ----
- JeffStringer
Oh, thanks Don. I really don't know where I 'borrowed' Laughing it from, but it fits!

BTW ... we have an Ontos near where I live at Camp Atterbury. I went there a few years ago to photo some A1 Shermans there and fell in love with the "THING." Had to immediately go search on the net for info on it for I had never seen one before!

Heres one for you Jeff....

This is an interior view of the Camp Atterbury T165 'Ontos' (prototype)

[img][/img]

Last edited by Dontos on Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

#24: Re: Reporting aboard Sir! Author: BryanWilson PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:50 am
    ----
Infrequent poster, frequent reader signing in.

#25: Re: Reporting aboard Sir! Author: DCCLarke PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:53 am
    ----
Well Doug, I do have this suppressed admiration for the HE-219 Uhu nightfighter.... Shocked

Maybe I can shoot down a few Lancasters before I pop by AFV News.

Best,
David

#26: Re: Reporting aboard Sir! Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:20 am
    ----
Hi guy's, I just popped in to welcome all of you to Com-Central...we hope you enjoy your new forum. If any of you have any questions about the site or forum or any of the many multi-player flight simming and ground pounding venues we do here just ask.

#27: Re: Reporting aboard Sir! Author: Derek-Gomez PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:24 am
    ----
Derek "Lurker" Gomez reporting in. Hope DOug saw those M114 Pictures I posted on the old sight.

#28: Re: Reporting aboard Sir! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:38 am
    ----
- Derek-Gomez
Derek "Lurker" Gomez reporting in. Hope DOug saw those M114 Pictures I posted on the old sight.

He sure did...nothing like some nice details of a beloved "Lingle"! Laughing

#29: Re: Reporting aboard Sir! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:06 am
    ----
Shocked

Well Doug, I do have this suppressed admiration for the HE-219 Uhu nightfighter.... Shocked

did I just hear someone calling my name ??

#30: Re: Reporting aboard Sir! Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:19 am
    ----
Another frequent reader, far less frequent poster reporting in!

Regards,

BUG

-> AFV News Discussion Board