Tour planned at Aberdeen
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Tour planned at Aberdeen Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:47 pm
    ----
Okay now that we've patted each other on the back and told everyone how wonderful we are let's get back to business.

I am giving a tour of Aberdeen wor a local gaming group on Saturday Feb 4. If anyone is interested in joining us drop me a line. I'm thinking about doing this one a little different than my others so that we can stop and talk about the tanks on the new 'Mile of Tanks' as you come in the main gate. We'll be hitting all the usual 'behind the scenes' locations and I assume the M4A1(76) that has been pictured here recently is still sitting where it was a couple weeks ago (right next to the new M60A2 Starship).

My usual offer of trying to meet anyone on the list at Aberdeen stands but I figured some of you may like to know about the planned tour

Bob Smart ([email protected])

#2: Re: Tour planned at Aberdeen Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:08 am
    ----
Hi Bob!

Thank you very much for the offer. Someday I hope I can take you up on it.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: Tour planned at Aberdeen Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:54 am
    ----
You need to get out here to see the prototype 'Lingle' The T114 has a lot of different features from the production vehicle

#4: Re: Tour planned at Aberdeen Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:14 pm
    ----
Bob, any idea what your start time will be on the 4th? I may have a friend from my Georgetown grad school program with me.

And I assume Dr Atwater will be up there that weekend?

Neil

#5: Re: Tour planned at Aberdeen Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:52 pm
    ----
No Dr Atwater doesn't have the duty that weekend. Ed will be there.

I'm shooting for starting at 10 AM or so but may be talked into backing it up to 10:30 or 11. I'll pop you some details tonight. I'm not sure how many are coming but I may need some help with 'crowd control' in the warehouse so could use some help.

#6: Re: Tour planned at Aberdeen Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:43 pm
    ----
Bob, is there a rain-plan? Its early but forecast currently shows showers this weekend... Would you reschedule or go ahead with it?

Neil

#7: Re: Tour planned at Aberdeen Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:16 am
    ----
It's going to be go no matter what the weather. I've gotten so I don't think the weather people around here can guess more than 4 hours in advance with more than a 50% accuracy rate . I know this is a strange year (60 degrees in Maryland in January???) I figure even if there are showers we have enough inside stuff that we can work around. I'll pop you a mail tomorrow evening with details (I know I promised one earlier but ...)

Jeff Lewis I'll pop you the mail too

#8: Re: Tour planned at Aberdeen Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:03 pm
    ----
Thganks Bob

#9: Re: Tour planned at Aberdeen Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:04 pm
    ----
Thanks Bob

Your tour was wonderful again despite the rain and I encourage anyone on the board who can make it to take in one of Bob's tours. He is a most genial and knowledgable host and it is a great opertunity to see some behind the scenes areas( loved the small arms room) soggy but happy

Jeff Lewis

-> AFV News Discussion Board