AI
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> FS2004

#1: AI Author: MechyLocation: Philly PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:22 am
    ----
Hey fellas, you guys seem like your on top of this sim, is there a rule of thumb when it comes to putting AI aircraft into the game? I d/l and installed and Ai package for Fedex, the planes show up in my plane list as AI planes but I never see them in the game. I also just d/l and ran the PAI package to put the AI into some kind of flight plan, but it always seems like its the same old default planes that I see and hear. Hope you can enlighten this IL-2 guy, thanks!

#2: Re: AI Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:45 am
    ----
Wellll.....From what little I know of it, which ain't much......the Ai planes should also have accompanying BGL files which load into a seperate folder, I do believe. The BGL files are much like scenery files (also BGL type) and essentially define the flight plans, time and places that the new AI craft will use. And, since it's a big chore to enter flight plans for every airport at ever time, you're only gonna find em at certain places at certain times......usually, some kind of airport list and schedule is included in a readme. I downloaded some doggone plane, forget which, that came with AI air tankers for refueling (I think it was a big ol' Antonov). The only trick to it was finding those dang tankers, wasn't easy (still trying).

#3: Re: AI Author: MechyLocation: Philly PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:03 pm
    ----
Thanks for the info, I'm going to try and find the package again and see if I didn't install something correctly. I really don't remember anything other then the .exe file. Once again Thanks!!!

#4: Re: AI Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:13 pm
    ----
Hiya Mechy, long time no see... Wink

I have to admit I don't a thing about AI planes or how they work in relation to the game, but we'll find out and post up some info...

#5: Re: AI Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:22 pm
    ----
Hey Mechy, check out this site "Project AI" for FS2004
project AI

I have also used Afcad to add AI aircraft to FS2004

Hope it helps

#6: Re: AI Author: MechyLocation: Philly PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:29 pm
    ----
Hiya Bush, it has been a long time since I've posted.... the site looks great !!!
My main game is still IL-2, but I just loaded up my fs2004 and grabbed some decent addons and the game looks really good. Your fs2004 forum seems really active so I thought I might get some expert help !!!
Hey Hitman, thanks for the link.... I did the PAI thing...and it did seem to really up the traffic, but still seems like always a few certain planes. Also, I have yet to see those stinkin Fedex planes that I installed as AI planes. I just thought I was overlooking something simple. As always thanks again for the info

#7: Re: AI Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:12 pm
    ----
Hmm...just a thought....where is Fedex HQ based out of? Nashville or something? Memphis? Might take a look there....if the add-on was developed by an "employee" it wouldn't be hard to imagine they'd assign AI flight plans out of their home airport......never know!

#8: Re: AI Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:35 pm
    ----
Oh hey! Another thought....(smacks forehead).....didja try looking in your "Saved Flights" section to see if the add-on installed any specific flights for locations and times that these aircraft would be seen? Many do, it's not unlikely this wouldn't folow the same pattern....the developer wants to show off his work after all, usually!

#9: Re: AI Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:10 pm
    ----
Everyone, I found an AI Tutorial and added it to the CC download section.

To get it: Click HERE!

Hope it helps...

#10: Re: AI Author: MechyLocation: Philly PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:41 pm
    ----
Hey Stoopy...I did look in the saved flights and there was nothing there.....so I went and looked in the aircraft folders and there was the readme and it doesnt say it directly but does mention KSDF (Lousiville) which I think they are based out of. So I went there and still didn't see anything....soooo I went back into the folder and found a file called 'aircraft.cfg.APCM.BAK' which might have been the file to tell them where to go. I don't know why it is a 'BAK' or backup file ... unless that PAI program did it.....anyway I wanted to thank you guys for trying to help, don't strain your brains on it.....I'm off to read the tutorial that Bush found and see what that has to say.

#11: Re: AI Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:21 pm
    ----
Durn! So close.....

Well, if you care to share the name of the package and where you got it, now I'm interested in seeing for myself. You know how it is...want to join in "the hunt" for these bogies....old CFS habits never die.....

#12: Re: AI Author: MechyLocation: Philly PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:36 am
    ----
I have a feeling that it possibly might have worked but I may have screwed myself up by installing the PAI package. I'm thinking that the PAI thingy may have overwritten the fedex flight plan. Well, anyway, I didn't know what other way to post the Fedex file, so I sent it to you thru email.... hope thats ok...its not that big, around 5 megs. If nothing else, I'm getting an fs2004 education Smile .

#13: Re: AI Author: MechyLocation: Philly PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:59 pm
    ----
Hey Stoopy .... I used the email under your profile and it got returned. Is there a way to upload it here?

#14: Re: AI Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:20 pm
    ----
Well, 5MB probably exceeds the allowed size of my inbox, and most authors don't find it kosher to upload their stuff to other sites without their permission....hmmmm....tell ya what - I should be able to download it from the same place you did, if you can give me a hint what it's called. If it's not somethng that is offered out there for a freeware download, then probably the best idea is to skip it, yeah?

#15: Re: AI Author: MechyLocation: Philly PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:36 am
    ----
I'm not sure what the problem was, it did say that email no longer exsisted?? Anyways the files name is Fedexai.zip, and I believe I got it from Flightsim.com.

-> FS2004