Oooppps Pictures....
-> Officer's Club

#1: Oooppps Pictures.... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:36 am
    ----
[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
These OOpps pictures came from a buddy at Ft Stewart. I thought you all might enjoy.

#2: Re: Oooppps Pictures.... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:27 am
    ----
LOL... Ooops is right....lol

#3: Re: Oooppps Pictures.... Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:34 pm
    ----
That last picture would be enough to leave a little stain in the drivers underwear,LOL

#4: Re: Oooppps Pictures.... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:40 pm
    ----
LOL Dan, and a job vacancy opening...lol

#5: Re: Oooppps Pictures.... Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:53 am
    ----
very curious as to how that worked out with the 130 coming in on that final........I imagine everyone got outa the way but as for that lil pile of rubble laying there I can imagine it played havok with the nosegear,,,...also judging by the backdrop I can imagine that was one helluva steep final decent,,,,,,sure would love to see some follow-up pics on that one....actually looking again I guess he was taking off and those cones standing there were looking for a slight breeze for air conditioning..... Laughing

#6: Re: Oooppps Pictures.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:59 am
    ----
- JG300-Hoppa
very curious as to how that worked out with the 130 coming in on that final........I imagine everyone got outa the way but as for that lil pile of rubble laying there I can imagine it played havok with the nosegear,,,...also judging by the backdrop I can imagine that was one helluva steep final decent,,,,,,sure would love to see some follow-up pics on that one

That ain't no 130 there, Hoppa-san! C-17, I believe....and I think you're witnessing the takeoff, not the landing. Note the major cloud of dust kicked up by, I bet, the engines at runup. Also, the perspective is distorted by the powerful telephoto lens...the plane and ground workers aren't so close as they seem...nor are the mountains.

I recall on my DEROS flight back from Vietnam stopping over in Alaska...Juneau or Anchorage...I forget which...but next to mountains...we on the "freedom bird" were all convinced that we would stuff it in those mountains (in whose direction we headed at takeoff) before we could climb out. As you see, we were wrong. Even with a "normal lens", high peaks can be really deceiving.

#7: Re: Oooppps Pictures.... Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:04 am
    ----
Hoppa, thats a C-17 not a C-130. C-130 is a turbo-prop, and the C-17 is all jet. What I know of that photo, as I've seen it before, is the plane pulled up, and flew over them. Some one in the tower got a butt chewing for even allowing that plane to even be on that runway as the repairs were forwarned.

-> Officer's Club