109 fan or not...check it out !
-> Officer's Club

#1: 109 fan or not...check it out ! Author: Nausicaa PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:53 pm
    ----
www.flightlevel350.com...hp?id=5194

Smile Smile

#2: Re: 109 fan or not...check it out ! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:25 pm
    ----
Ein prosit !!

Great vid !!

Thankx for sharing !!

fled

#3: Re: 109 fan or not...check it out ! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:30 pm
    ----
That's the real magilla, too. None of that Spanish-with-a-Merlin stuff. Where did they get a operable Daimler engine...?

#4: Re: 109 fan or not...check it out ! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:43 pm
    ----
Aircraft: Messerschmitt Bf 109
Airline: Private
Description: This Aircraft is restored and owned by the Messerschmitt Foundation of Manching, Germany. The Video is a footage composition of three flights.
Videographer: Manfred Poznanski - Contact
Date: September 2, 2005

Also have a peek here

fled

#5: Re: 109 fan or not...check it out ! Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:40 pm
    ----
that was awsome!!!!! thanks for posting.

#6: Re: 109 fan or not...check it out ! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:45 pm
    ----
Great video and you can hear the "Turbo" too... Wink

#7: Re: 109 fan or not...check it out ! Author: Hangman PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:29 pm
    ----
cool vid, found myself looking over quite a few excellent videos..thanks!

#8: Re: 109 fan or not...check it out ! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:29 am
    ----
Nausicaa, thank you very, VERY much for passing that along. A very beautiful aircraft and the result of countless thousands of hours of restoration work and effort. And no matter what some folks say about the sound of a Merlin, that DB605 has a memsmerizing sound all it's own doesn't it!

Found even more interesting films at his (Manfred Poznansky's) film archve site....including a gorgeous FW-190 restration/recreation, with an engine test-run and an early test flight with the gear down....

http://www.pozefilm.de/

(the engine test run on the FW190 reminds me of starting my old over-carbeureted Mustang on an ice-cold winter desert morning....)

Oh hey, there's also footage of a Sikorsky S-58 (CH-34 "Choctaw") in the helo section....a funky ol' snorky favorite!!!

#9: Re: 109 fan or not...check it out ! Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:25 am
    ----
AWESOME,,,,,,,,,they even were able to duplicate a flawless Exos style landing,,,,,,lol Cool ...........seriously though,,,,,,that was great........ Razz

#10: Re: 109 fan or not...check it out ! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:04 pm
    ----
LOL Hoppa, I don't think I would let EXOS 'refuel' your plane for a while...lol

#11: Re: 109 fan or not...check it out ! Author: IMS_JoseCuervoLocation: NEW YORK,PARIS,LONDON,FADETTE PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:48 pm
    ----
very cool. google search, Die Rote 7. footage of a completely restored g-4, daimler powered as well. S~

-> Officer's Club