AFV News for the "new"
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: AFV News for the "new" Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:53 pm
    ----
For newcomers and regular visitors to the site, I wanted to make sure you are all aware (or remind you, *ahem*) that the AFV News and AFV News Discussion Group founder, George Bradford, publishes a regular newsmagazine in conjunction with his website (not this one, the AFV News at www.afvnews.ca ). In large part, his site is funded by the proceeds from subscriptions to that magazine, which publishes three times yearly and is conveniently delivered to your mailbox. (Printed with real ink on actual paper and carried to your door by a living human being!)

AFV News Magazine contains many informative and interesting articles not available anywhere else and it supports the other features on the AFV website. If you've not previously subscribed, or if your subscription has lapsed, you are encouraged to do so (again, as applicable). A sample issue is available and typical topics are outlined here:
www.afvnews.ca/1-35/recent.html
and instructions on how to order are at the bottom of the page here:
www.afvnews.ca

Subscriptions are $16 in North America and $20 for overseas.

(Note- Neither the Com-Central website nor myself receive any proceeds from this publication and this information is provided solely as a matter of interest in appreciation of the efforts of the AFV News and it's contributors)

Last edited by Doug_Kibbey on Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: AFV News for the "new" Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:29 pm
    ----
Any sign of George ever accepting paypal or credit card payments?

#3: Re: AFV News for the "new" Author: David_ReasonerLocation: South Central Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:02 pm
    ----
Been a subscriber for almost 10 years now. I very highly recommend it. For the other scale modelers hanging out here, George also offers an extensive listing of 1/35 scale AFV 3-view drawings covering vehicles from WW1 to the present. Very handy for scratchbuilding and kitbashing.

David

#4: Re: AFV News for the "new" Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:05 pm
    ----
Mr. Green

#5: Re: AFV News for the "new" Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:35 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Mr. Green

That means you're a satisfied customer, right Don? Wink

#6: Re: AFV News for the "new" Author: David_ReasonerLocation: South Central Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:17 pm
    ----
I thought maybe he was trying to tell me I talk too much.....

David

#7: Re: AFV News for the "new" Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:30 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
Any sign of George ever accepting paypal or credit card payments?

Yeah, I'd second that... But I believe he doesnt like Paypal for some reason...

WashingtonCock

#8: Re: AFV News for the "new" Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:54 pm
    ----
- David_Reasoner
I thought maybe he was trying to tell me I talk too much.....

David

I was making a cryptic reference to another 'party' on your statement. I did not intend my post to imply you were talking too much.

If anyone talks too much, I would perhaps be the first in such a line.

My apologies for the misunderstanding...

#9: Re: AFV News for the "new" Author: David_ReasonerLocation: South Central Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:43 pm
    ----
No offense taken, Don. It just seemed a rather obvious way to interpret your post, following hard on the heels of my "endorsement" of AFV News, etc. Razz

David

-> AFV News Discussion Board