1/35 Stryker model kit announced!
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: 1/35 Stryker model kit announced! Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:13 am
    ----
For you model builder types, I just found this announcement on several of the model groups:

We just received this annoucement from the US importer (Stevens Intl) of Trumpeter:

TRUMPETER MODELS (TSM)

PLASTIC MODEL KITS MADE IN CHINA

APPROXIMATE ARRIVAL: 2ND HALF of 2006

All Newly Tooled, first of its kind on the market!

**### 1/35 M1126 Stryker ICV (Infantry Carrier Vehicle)

Tentative SRP $24.95

The ICV troop transport vehicle is capable of carrying 9 infantry soldiers and equipment. It requires a crew of two; a driver and a vehicle commander. It is known for its exceptional tactical mobility for full spectrum operations, it's air-transportable, and has a 14.5 mm protective armored coating making it battlefield survivable in combat missions. The Stryker is currently in action in Iraq

It'll probably being a good seller for Trumpeter. I may even buy one.

#2: Re: 1/35 Stryker model kit announced! Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:16 am
    ----
I'd like to have the version with the 105 mm cannon as the M1 had.

Yea ... I watch the military channel. Smile

Jeff

#3: Re: 1/35 Stryker model kit announced! Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:26 am
    ----
MGS...

Don

#4: Re: 1/35 Stryker model kit announced! Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:43 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

MGS is the M-1128

Any idea which BLOCK build the kit will be a copy of?

If it is halfway good, I will end up with ten of them.

If all they do is the Infantry carrier, hope the aftermarket guys jump in with the other versions.

Good news, thanks,
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#5: Re: 1/35 Stryker model kit announced! Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:57 pm
    ----
A few pics of the built up kit(maybe a test shot?) are available here:
community.webshots.com...7431qubhaY

#6: Re: 1/35 Stryker model kit announced! Author: JimLewisLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:30 pm
    ----
Man oh man - I'm looking forward to getting to work on a model one, or two, or three...

Jim

-> AFV News Discussion Board