National Training Centers OP Kiowas....
-> Officer's Club

#1: National Training Centers OP Kiowas.... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:34 am
    ----
[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
These pictures were taken yesterday at Bicycle Lake Airfield, at the base of Tiefort Mtn, National Training Center, Ft. Irwin. These Kiowa's are what the Observer Controllers (OC) use to observe the NTC battlefield. doug Kibbey and myself were able to visit with the crew chief and Maint NCO who arranged for us to go on the flight line between two running birds as the ran up thier engines, took off, and then hovered for us as we took pictures, we were quite lucky. I plan to wrangle myself a ride in the next few weeks and I will be sure to post my pictures here. The OC's have 9 operable Kiowas, and they all date from 1969-1972. They had ten, but one took a hard landing and has since been dropped from thier books.

#2: Re: National Training Centers OP Kiowas.... Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:24 am
    ----
OC... Orange County Choppers? lol

#3: Re: National Training Centers OP Kiowas.... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:59 am
    ----
- XcalibeR
OC... Orange County Choppers? lol

You must be having a blonde moment there Xcaliber...lol

- SFC_Jeff_Button
These Kiowa's are what the Observer Controllers (OC) use to observe the NTC battlefield.

After saying that...I have no idea where Ft Irwin is... Mr. Green Mr. Green

#4: Re: National Training Centers OP Kiowas.... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:28 pm
    ----
WOW...what a great way to spend a day...:D

Thanks for the pics and story Jeff...:chug:

-> Officer's Club