Morris Light Reconnaissance Car
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Morris Light Reconnaissance Car Author: Rlangham PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:52 pm
    ----
Hi there, just wondered if anyone had any photos of/information about the Morris Light Recce Car? Used to run a website about it, i'd like to rebuild it and make it better but need stuff to put on it, especially photos. I've seen some very nice ones on www.warwheels.net but need permission from the people that took the photos first, and can't seem to find them.

If it helps, theres examples at the Brussels War Museum, Tank Museum Bovington and Imperial War Museum Duxford, and several in private ownership.

Cheers, Rob Langham

#2: Re: Morris Light Reconnaissance Car Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:15 pm
    ----
[img][/img]
I did a quick "Google", is this what you're looking for? This was the ONLY picture under the images section of Google. Says its Great Britian.

#3: Re: Morris Light Reconnaissance Car Author: David_ReasonerLocation: South Central Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:30 pm
    ----
The vehicle in the photo is a Morris Armoured Car, not the Light Recce Car. The Morris Light Recce Car was rear-engined and mounted a small turret with Bren gun offset to the side of the fighting compartment. The Morris Armoured Car saw action early in the war with the BEF in France in 1940 as well as the 11th Hussars in North Africa (alongside Rolls-Royce pattern armored cars during 1940-41). The Morris Light Recce Car came later, towards the end of the North African campaign. I beleive it was used in Italy, and also by Royal Engineer Field Squadrons in NW Europe during 1944-45.

David

#4: Re: Morris Light Reconnaissance Car Author: Rlangham PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:26 pm
    ----
Yeah that's the Morris CS9 armoured car, based on the Morris CS8 15 cwt truck chassis. The Morris LRC was also used by the RAF Regiment, and in NW Europe the Morris LRC was used by a lot of reconnaissance regiments, including the Polish.

#5: Re: Morris Light Reconnaissance Car Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:29 pm
    ----
A quick google...

Morris Light Recce vehicle

#6: Re: Morris Light Reconnaissance Car Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:37 pm
    ----
- Kitform
A quick google...

Morris Light Recce vehicle

"I would like to record my thanks to George Bradford for his help in trying to pin down the final markings data. Such efforts on behalf of others shows a generosity of spirit which is sadly rare."

...ain't that the truth! Wink

#7: Re: Morris Light Reconnaissance Car Author: mike_Duplessis PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:47 pm
    ----
Here's the Accurate Armour site showing their Morris:

www.accurate-armour.co...product=54

#8: Re: Morris Light Reconnaissance Car Author: Rlangham PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:43 pm
    ----
Cheers, the Accurate Armour one looks great but can't afford it yet, so stuck with small scale ones at the moment!

-> AFV News Discussion Board