Ft. Knox Memorial Day
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Ft. Knox Memorial Day Author: easy1CD PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:08 pm
    ----
Can anyone give me information on what the schedule will be for this year's events?

TIA,
Mike

#2: Re: Ft. Knox Memorial Day Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:22 pm
    ----
The Memorial Day 'Life of the Soldier' Event is currently scheduled for Saturday/Sunday 27 & 28 May.

Generally speaking the exhibit/demonstration area will be open to the public 10:00am - 4:00pm on both days.

Planning is currently ongoing and more will be available as details are ironed out.

If you are interested in any updates, they will be posted on the following site(s):

www.armorfortheages.com or www.lifeofthesoldier.com

#3: Re: Ft. Knox Memorial Day Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:52 pm
    ----
Dontos, will you be a part of the festivities? Prehaps dressed in period uniform driving and posing with any vehicles? I hope you post some pics from the event.

#4: Re: Ft. Knox Memorial Day Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:53 pm
    ----
Yeah, I'll be the one with the 'bullhorn', running around like a 'chicken with his head cut off'.

But I'll have camera in tow, and as in the past, I'll post the photos I do take.

Its a big team effort to do these shows, and I don't mind doing the 'geek work' to allow the others to have their fun. My satisfaction is a 'good production' to be proud of participating in.

#5: Re: Ft. Knox Memorial Day Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:15 pm
    ----
Thought I'd repost a couple of photos from last years Show.

They are all taken in the area of the old Armor Inn driveway which was used as a staging area. The Armor Inn was torn down in the past two years.

Last edited by Dontos on Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Ft. Knox Memorial Day Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:21 pm
    ----
Need a halftrack driver?...I'm an experienced chauffeur now. Wink

#7: Re: Ft. Knox Memorial Day Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:24 pm
    ----
Come on, we might be able to use you.

I love driving the half tracks but that steering is a fight if stationary. Amazing how its so easy when you start rolling.

#8: Re: Ft. Knox Memorial Day Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:48 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Come on, we might be able to use you.

I love driving the half tracks but that steering is a fight if stationary. Amazing how its so easy when you start rolling.

Don't tease me, I might well do it!

I should mention plenty more drivin' time on 48's, 60's, M551's and 113's as well. Wouldn't be a hazard, neither.

#9: Re: Ft. Knox Memorial Day Author: sweets PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:17 pm
    ----
gr8 photos thanks for sharing I have a cousin at Fort Knox hes a MP!

#10: Re: Ft. Knox Memorial Day Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:05 am
    ----
I have an eerily similar photo to your first one. Smile

I also have requested the last week of May off, so I'm planning on being there Sunday.

#11: Re: Ft. Knox Memorial Day Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:26 am
    ----
Chris

DEJA VU...

Looks like they had just pulled in after one of the 'shows'.

I was the one running around with the bullhorn...irritating one and all! Smile

#12: Re: Ft. Knox Memorial Day Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:34 am
    ----
- Dontos
I was the one running around with the bullhorn...irritating one and all!
I'll expect no less this year. Wink

#13: Re: Ft. Knox Memorial Day Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:48 am
    ----
...annnnnd,....Roger!!

-> AFV News Discussion Board