Your Aircraft folder is HOW BIG?
-> FS2004

#1: Your Aircraft folder is HOW BIG? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:33 am
    ----
LOL...

Well, I had this thought it was time to burn some DVD backups of my FS9 install, so I slipped in a disk, pointed it to the FS9 folder and watched ...and watched....and watched as the bar graph went well past the disk capacity. All said and done the folder is about 23 GB big! WOW I thought;I wonder what files are taking up the most room?

First place I headed was the scenery folder and yep, it's big, but it was the aircraft folder that surprised me...

How big? 17GB of planes... Wink

#2: Re: Your Aircraft folder is HOW BIG? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:44 am
    ----
DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've noticed my disk usage has crawled up farther than what I expected and quite positve it's the same thing....funny how difficult it is to throw away planes you don't really fly though, isn't it?

#3: Re: Your Aircraft folder is HOW BIG? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:47 am
    ----
4.06GB....not so much, but as my hard drive is closing in on maxed out, I might have to weed out some of the chaff....

#4: Re: Your Aircraft folder is HOW BIG? Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:07 am
    ----
7.95 GB (8,542,299,213 bytes)

Gee Rolling Eyes and it grows weekly. May have to rent more hanger space Shocked

Man I remember my Dads first computer..... It had a 20 mega byte Hard Drive............ The next on had a 40 meg....LOL

#5: Re: Your Aircraft folder is HOW BIG? Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:43 am
    ----
I just rented more hanger space a few days ago lol

I bought 2 - 250gig SATA drive hangers for a total of 660gig's of space lol So I should be set for a few months now rofl

#6: Re: Your Aircraft folder is HOW BIG? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:26 am
    ----

just checked it............................................ 21.963.526.144 bytes

me thinks some cleaning out and scrapping is announced.........

fled

p.s. MD............got any space left fer rent ?? Wink

#7: Re: Your Aircraft folder is HOW BIG? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:56 pm
    ----
I took Wingy's advice and made a folder outside the "aircraft" folder called "Hangar". From within the "Hanger" folder, I made some sub folders to my liking and moved all the really good, but flown now and again planes into their respective folders. Still close enough to load up if I need one too...:wink:

Thanks for the tip Wingy....:chug:

#8: Re: Your Aircraft folder is HOW BIG? Author: jg300-Deputy_DaleLocation: Orlando PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:01 am
    ----
10.7 GB in my aircraft folder, and i just clean installed several months ago. @%&*!!!!??!?!?!

#9: Re: Your Aircraft folder is HOW BIG? Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:58 am
    ----
I got just under 19gig lol Once ya get something on dialup its hard to just delete it lol

p.s. Fled I will see what I can spare lol

#10: Re: Your Aircraft folder is HOW BIG? Author: Bulldog_02Location: Western N.Y. PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:22 pm
    ----
and the winner is.......(drum roll)...38.8 gigs

#11: Re: Your Aircraft folder is HOW BIG? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:28 am
    ----
LOL Bulldog! WOW...now THAT'S a hangar full!...lol

#12: Re: Your Aircraft folder is HOW BIG? Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:52 am
    ----
I creep in around 17.9 gig! Add-on Scenary is a bigger offender I do reckon, hard to tell exactly since it is in the Add-on folder plus all the mesh replacements in the scenary folder. But man - Time for a clean-up for sure!

#13: Re: Your Aircraft folder is HOW BIG? Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:27 am
    ----
Here is how big mine is - 26.9 GB (28,917,953,592 bytes). It may be why my flight sim isn't working so good too. Of course that is what is in the sim, and doesn't include what is in the outside hangers waiting to be used when needed.

#14: Re: Your Aircraft folder is HOW BIG? Author: horseman88 PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:39 am
    ----
mine's a wee bit small

8.74 GB

but, big part of that is all of milton's planes an the repaints, plus a few mike stone's, an some others
particular fan of his starship an angel44

#15: Re: Your Aircraft folder is HOW BIG? Author: siskensLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:13 am
    ----
running a bit late to inform you that I scraped the hefty total of 27.807.622.080 bytes of aircraft......... Rolling Eyes into my system...! A good cleaning, indeed, is what I need.

-> FS2004