Newa Sc Right Front Area Info Needed
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Newa Sc Right Front Area Info Needed Author: Blackjack PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:31 pm
    ----
I'm working on a Newa sc (SA-3 Goa missles x4 on a T-55 chassis) and I'm stymied for pics of the right front area opposite the driver's hatch and what detail is found there, whether there's a second hatch or its just like a regular T-55 with flat plate there. One online source says the conversion is performed on WZT-2 recovery tanks, whereas it seems a WZT-1 would be more appropriate as the WZT-2 has a built up area that would be a lot of work to scrap. I'm aware of the fine pics Tank Guys site has, and these have me asking more questions as this area isn't seen in detail on the pics. Any help would be most appreciated. Regards, MK

#2: Re: Newa Sc Right Front Area Info Needed Author: timrobertsLocation: shrewsbury UK PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:53 pm
    ----
Hi Mike
It definitely is not based on a WZT2, a WZT1 has a cupola on the RHS top of the hull. I have pics of the WZT1, but wonder why it would be built on this anyway, WZT1 seem to be rebuilt T54.
Speak soon
Tim

#3: Re: Newa Sc Right Front Area Info Needed Author: Blackjack PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:46 am
    ----
Thanks Tim, long time no talk at the other place. Maybe the prototype testbed vehicle, the one you see on the web in dark green is the one that was done on a WZT-1 chassis. The T-55 has been phased out of Polish Army service, so I take it they had enough 55 hulls around to make the conversion on a newer machine. The T-72 track and sprocket are also another clue that a later model 55 was used. I'm still stymied about what that area looks like just for curiosity's sake. MK

#4: Re: Newa Sc Right Front Area Info Needed Author: timrobertsLocation: shrewsbury UK PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:11 pm
    ----
Hi Mike
I'll keep a look out for you, I do log on to the other place, no one ever seems to be there nowaday.
Speak soon
Tim

-> AFV News Discussion Board