View from my last "desk" job.
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: View from my last "desk" job. Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:14 pm
    ----
[img][/img]
This would have been my location during live fires, as squad leader of an M1064 mortar track. Great view, even greater noise and concussion. What we have here is a picture of a track in Korea. The M2 50 cal, topped by an AN/TVS-5 Night Vision Scope. It weighed about 7.5 lbs and could see 1K with just starlight, futher with a full moon, and not 5 feet in a downpour. The GPS in the 50 cal tray is a Precision Lightweight GPS Reciever (PLGR), not a bad item, but to many troops count on them way too much, instead of reading a map and useing a protrator and compass. And how could I forget, the M120 mortar system that replaced the M30 4.2in (Four Duece) mortar. It can fire 166m-7,200m. It consists of the M298 cannon (110lbs), the M190 Bi-pod (70lbs), and the M9 Base-plate (136lbs). She can fire 16 rds in the first minute, and then 4 rds per min sustained. The track carried 69 rds internally but that depended on how much room was taken up by new computer equipment that the army is fielding (FBCB2). I thought you all might like a gander at the closest thing this Infantryman has to a tank.

#2: Re: View from my last "desk" job. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:23 pm
    ----
Tracks, Big Guns, M2 .50 cal.....what's not to like? Smile

#3: Re: View from my last "desk" job. Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:15 pm
    ----
How do you get the PLGR to feed through the M2? I've never seen that done before...;->

C

#4: Re: View from my last "desk" job. Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:19 pm
    ----
- C_Sherman
How do you get the PLGR to feed through the M2? I've never seen that done before...;->

C

HA HA HA.....

#5: Re: View from my last "desk" job. Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:46 pm
    ----
Its difficult, and really reduces the range and accuracy of the MG, but if done right, one shot-one kill ( as I usually do).

-> AFV News Discussion Board