Sgt. Button, your new ride has arrived!
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Sgt. Button, your new ride has arrived! Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:43 am
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
Looks that about 56 rounds could be carried in the ammo storage bins.
96 rounds total were stowed in the half-track, and it did use the 81 mm mortar M1 as you described. Smile

#17: Re: Sgt. Button, your new ride has arrived! Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:07 pm
    ----
Being out in California, thought you might need this 'NEW' SoCal version of a popular sports car.....

Mr. Green

#18: Re: Sgt. Button, your new ride has arrived! Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:40 pm
    ----
Those would look awsome on the side of my truck. Creating a passing lane would be so much easier!

#19: Re: Sgt. Button, your new ride has arrived! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:42 pm
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
Those would look awsome on the side of my truck. Creating a passing lane would be so much easier!

Gone would be the need to pass....simply press "remove obstacle".

#20: Re: Sgt. Button, your new ride has arrived! Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:13 pm
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
[img][/img]
Mortar company of the 92nd Division firing on German positions near Massa, Italy, November 1944.
(81mm M1 Mortar).
Here is the M1 system in action. I love these photo's!

Not many charges on the round that guy is handling. With the low elevation (nearly direct fire!) and the way everyone is keeping close to the ground I'm thinking the bad guys are pretty close!

Neat pic.

C

-> AFV News Discussion Board