The 1/35 scale DORA is getting closer to reality...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: The 1/35 scale DORA is getting closer to reality... Author: geoffsteer PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:41 pm
    ----
Hi Guys-
At the link below, you'll see the same pictures of the Dora shown at the latest show:
www.perthmilitarymodel...ws/mpl.htm
The caption explains that the cost will be 499. Euro dollars (under $700. Canadian). The kit will not even enter production untill 2000 pre-orders have been received and will be injection moulded with some resin and maby metal parts. I'm surprised they dont insist on proof that you have a place to put it!
Anyone out there actually thinking of buying this monster? I'd love to be on hand to watch your next moving day after completing this kit!
Just sharing=
Geoff Steer

#2: Re: The 1/35 scale DORA is getting closer to reality... Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:13 pm
    ----
Sixty-two inches in length ... GOOD GRIEF!!! That's 5 freekin' feet long!!!!

Nice kit but come on!

#3: Re: The 1/35 scale DORA is getting closer to reality... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:15 pm
    ----
Do they require a signed spousal consent form?

#4: Re: The 1/35 scale DORA is getting closer to reality... Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:17 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Do they require a signed spousal consent form?

If you have to ask her, the answer is NO!

#5: Re: The 1/35 scale DORA is getting closer to reality... Author: tankmodelerLocation: Ontario PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:15 am
    ----
There is nothing "real" about a 1/35 Dora.

62" long. For the love of g*d. It's not a model, it's a motorhome...

#6: Re: The 1/35 scale DORA is getting closer to reality... Author: Russ_Buchan PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:56 am
    ----
(to the tune of "Has Anybody Seen My Gal?")

Five feet two, same as you, you don't like the stuff I do,
Has anybody seen my kit?

Christmas gift, ego lift, who could know you'd be so miffed,
Has anybody seen my kit?

Well, if you run into, a gal with glue, stuck all ov'r with bits of sprue,
Just ask her if she's dumped my kit!

Fortunately, Mrs B always supported my three-kits-a-month styrene habit, and even the kids knew what was styrene and what was not, and used to bring me interesting shapes of plastic for kitbashing. Neighborhood children used to trail wagon of pepsi and Coke bottles for recycling. and traded me kits they had stolen from their siblings in trade for our old soda bottles.

Russ

#7: Re: The 1/35 scale DORA is getting closer to reality... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:02 am
    ----
I was going to mention that at 62", this beast is nearly the length of the Sgt. York model that Russ so generously tried to get me to save from the fate of the dumpster....but like the "Dora", is pretty much like committing to bringing a "Bugeye" Sprite into your house for display. SoCal square footage being as dear as it is, I had reluctantly to take a pass....and will have to do so again....so sad, yes?

Well, maybe when I retire....

-> AFV News Discussion Board