It's time for a vehicle quiz
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: It's time for a vehicle quiz Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:12 pm
    ----
This vehicle also supposedly has archimedean screws (presumably underneath the hull) - although I have never seen them due to it usually being parked in high grass... Hopefully it will be restored one day.

Frankly this one is almost impossible to guess for a quiz - it is extremely obscure! It is not mentioned in Crismon's US Military Wheeled Vehicles. It was however pictured and briefly mentioned in the AFV Profile on Armored Cars...

People are more likely to know what it is because I posted pics of it on the old board... You can also cheat, but that probably wont help you a whole lot unless you already have seen it before...

Neil

#32: Re: It's time for a vehicle quiz Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:14 pm
    ----
Barr-Car!

Some exo-skelton, with fibreglass-like hull.

...with M42 "Duster" in background for extra credit...

...didn't know about the screws...but not primary propulsion on land so different from the others...

#33: Re: It's time for a vehicle quiz Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:46 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Barr-Car!

Okay, I guess not too hard for this group - but I'm sure you've seen my pics before.

Since it was a Ford-AAI project, I kinda wonder if there's some 1960s Ford automotive components underneath all of that. Also wonder if the 20mm in the turret was an M139 like the other ARSV candidates.

Neil

#34: Re: It's time for a vehicle quiz Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:23 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
- Doug_Kibbey
Barr-Car!

Okay, I guess not too hard for this group - but I'm sure you've seen my pics before.

Since it was a Ford-AAI project, I kinda wonder if there's some 1960s Ford automotive components underneath all of that. Also wonder if the 20mm in the turret was an M139 like the other ARSV candidates.

Neil

Neil,
Hey...you can't educate us and then deny you've created your own monsters, ya' know!

Yeah, I wonder about the engine too. I fantasize about an FE block...in either 410 or 427 C.I. Mr. Green

-> AFV News Discussion Board