Doolittle Raiders Reunion
-> Officer's Club

#1: Doolittle Raiders Reunion Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:52 pm
    ----
For those of you that follow or like bombers and or the crews that flew them, the Doolittle Raiders Reunion is going to take place this April at the Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio.

Doolittle Raiders Reunion

The Doolittle Raiders, the group that bombed Tokyo early in World War II, will have their 64th reunion at the museum from April 17-21. Public events are scheduled to coincide with the reunion. Click HERE! for details.

#2: Re: Doolittle Raiders Reunion Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:37 pm
    ----
I thought they always had that reunion in Tuscon? Guess not. It was back there a few years ago, and my aunt was able to go to it and talk with many of the crew. She even got my the biography of their mission and got it autographed by a few of the members that were still alive. Give me a few minutes, I'll put up some pics Smile

Last edited by XcalibeR on Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Doolittle Raiders Reunion Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:48 pm
    ----
Arriving at the airport:

Chase Nielsen, David Thatcher, Dick Cole, and Bob Hite

Chase Nielsen and Dick Cole

David Thatcher

Gen Davey Jones and Col Bill Bower

Bob Hite and Tom Griffin

Jack and Lee Sims

Tung Sheng Lui and John Doolittle. Tung Sheng Lui was a Chinese man who helped a few of the Raiders hide from Japanese search parties.

David Thatcher, my aunt, Dick Cole, and Chase Nielsen

David Thatcher, my aunt, and Dick Cole

Autographs:
"To TJ Davy Jones #5"
"R E Cole #1"
"Bill Bower"
"David J Thatcher"
"Chase J Nielsen #6"
"John Doolittle" (Jimmy Doolittle's son)
"Robert L Hite Co-Pilot Plane 16 'Doolittle Tokyo Raid'"

#4: Re: Doolittle Raiders Reunion Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:20 pm
    ----
Great pics XcalibeR!!

-> Officer's Club