Dear Sergeant Lingle....
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:28 pm
    ----
I DO awfully hope you're being quoted out of context...or maybe just robbed, whatever. I feel it is my solemn duty to bring this sordid matter to your attention, pronto. In any case, here is some lamentable reading:

"Feedback! Read what the many thousands of Soldiers who call the M113 the "Gavin" have to say about making it "official"!

Roy A Lingle writes in:

"General Gavin was a very good leader and should have something named after him. I did some time on M113(Mo-gaser) and the M113A1. I spent a year with the 4th (Light/Airborne)/68th Armor, 82nd Airborne Division. That division didn't want anything to do with us treadheads."

Shocked

Source:
Way near bottom of page:
www.geocities.com/gavinpetition/

BTW, there is a place to vote on the petition to field 10,000 vehicles right now and name them you-know-what. Rolling Eyes Also, you can make comments, but don't be astonished if what you say and mean gets posted as something else.... Wink

Gotta' go...feeling upchucky alluva' sudden....

#2: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:18 pm
    ----
*(Edited by moderator for content and stuff....)
**(then reedited by a calmer individual... Confused )

" Let slip & Cry Havoc...."

Last edited by Dontos on Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:20 pm
    ----
Now, now...I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation (like being ripped off...). Roy would never knowingly violate his CIA pledge. The Curmudgeons In Armor stand firmly against this sort of nonsense and only a deliberate "editting" of a carfeully crafted letter to the aforementioned website could account for this perversion of reality.

Now, a petition to rename the M114 the "Lingle"...I think there's a real groundswell of support for that sort of thing...

#4: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:14 pm
    ----
- Dontos
*(Edited by moderator for content and stuff....)
**(then reedited by a calmer individual... Confused )

" Let slip & Cry Havoc...."

But believe me...we understand! Wink

#5: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: Russ_Buchan PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:50 am
    ----
I wish to register my intent to sign a petition naming the M114 the "Lingle", and to also sign one damning to hell anyone who calls the M113 anything but a 'Track', a 'Can', an 'M113', or a 'PC'.

"Thousands of soldiers", my buttocks. More like one, and not a soldier at all, most likely.

Too bad the Brits got in line first to name the C-47 the 'Dakota', for that would have been a perfect aircraft to have been named after General Gavin.

My tuppence
Russ

#6: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:56 am
    ----
- Russ_Buchan
...Too bad the Brits got in line first to name the C-47 the 'Dakota'...

Russ:

I thought the C47 was the "Goonie Bird"...a fitting name for the 'Spark-meister' perhaps?

#7: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:54 am
    ----
Ok, i have been thinking about this for a while.....and now it is time to call in the experts. (That would be you guys.)

Can anybody think of any armoured vehicles - preferably American - that had a reputation for catching fire or blowing up really easily? *Other* than the Sherman, i mean. Experimental and prototype vehicles are acceptable, and actually preferable for this exercise.

Because.....i think we need something we can name a "Sparks".

Which is why it should ignite or blow up rapidly and without warning.....just like our dear Mister Sparks.

It should also have a reputation for unreliability.....just like our dear Mister Sparks' "facts".

And it shouldn't already have a name. Because to give a name to a vehicle that already has one would just be wrong, right?

Soooo.....any ideas?

Can *you* find a suitable Sparkmobile?

#8: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:07 am
    ----
- Jinx

And it shouldn't already have a name. Because to give a name to a vehicle that already has one would just be wrong, right?

Soooo.....any ideas?

Got your vehicle right here, Pal. And advocated by noone other:

www.combatreform.com/l...tiontn.jpg

...and because I know you think I'm making this up:

www.geocities.com/militaryvehicles/

...where you can see the man his-self.....

#9: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:29 am
    ----
- Jinx

Can anybody think of any armoured vehicles - preferably American - that had a reputation for catching fire or blowing up really easily? *Other* than the Sherman, i mean. Experimental and prototype vehicles are acceptable, and actually preferable for this exercise.

Which is why it should ignite or blow up rapidly and without warning.....just like our dear Mister Sparks.

It should also have a reputation for unreliability.....just like our dear Mister Sparks' "facts".

Soooo.....any ideas?

How about this one: The Sparks mobile

Oh wait...never mind. You were asking for an AFV. My mistake. Laughing

#10: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:31 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

Cripes! You'd think he'd want a bike with at least a suspension fork! He can't even pick good mountain bikes.

#11: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:49 am
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures
- JG300-Ascout

Cripes! You'd think he'd want a bike with at least a suspension fork!

Wuss....

Laughing

#12: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:37 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
I DO awfully hope you're being quoted out of context...or maybe just robbed, whatever. I feel it is my solemn duty to bring this sordid matter to your attention, pronto. In any case, here is some lamentable reading:

"Feedback! Read what the many thousands of Soldiers who call the M113 the "Gavin" have to say about making it "official"!

Roy A Lingle writes in:

"General Gavin was a very good leader and should have something named after him. I did some time on M113(Mo-gaser) and the M113A1. I spent a year with the 4th (Light/Airborne)/68th Armor, 82nd Airborne Division. That division didn't want anything to do with us treadheads."

Shocked

Source:
Way near bottom of page:
www.geocities.com/gavinpetition/

BTW, there is a place to vote on the petition to field 10,000 vehicles right now and name them you-know-what. Rolling Eyes Also, you can make comments, but don't be astonished if what you say and mean gets posted as something else.... Wink

Gotta' go...feeling upchucky alluva' sudden....

Hi JG300-Ascout! Hi Folks!

I did in fact write those words up on that wild and crazy site of Mike Sparks! Confused

In my defense I can only claim that Mr. Sparks edited my post. I wish I had made a copy of what I had wrote , but the best I can do is try to remember the sentences that he deleted from my post.

If you read that group of four sentences, I think you will notice that the first sentence does not tie in with the second sentence. Now I know that you all know I am not the best writer and spelling around here, but I have been trying to do better and I think that disconnection between sentence one and two is far worst that my normal writing. Shocked

I remember saying something like a new vehicle should be named after Gen Gavin, not a vehicle that was starting to move into the history books.

My post did not support his position on naming the M113 after anyone. He
however edited out all the sentences that he didn't want seen on his long list of supporters.

To me, his actions with my non-supportive post makes it clear that Mr. Sparks is one individual that can not be trusted. Evil or Very Mad

That was a test, Mr. Sparks failed the test.

Sgt, Scouts Out! Neutral

#13: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:24 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi JG300-Ascout! Hi Folks!

"I did in fact write those words up on that <snip> site of Mike Sparks!

I can only claim that Mr. Sparks edited my post.
If you read that group of four sentences, I think you will notice that the first sentence does <snip> tie in with the second sentence. I know that you all know I am <snip> the best writer around here.

I remember saying something like a new vehicle should be named after Gen Gavin, <snip> a vehicle that was starting to move into the history books.

My post did <snip> support his position on naming the M113 after anyone.
<snip>
To me, his actions with my <snip> supportive post makes it clear that Mr. Sparks is one individual that can <snip> be trusted. "

<snip>

Sgt, Scouts Out! Neutral

Hi Roy!

Yep...I think we all have a pretty good idea how that post might have been manipulated by an unprincipled piglet. Wink It's mighty easy to alter someone's comments to suit your own agenda when you have your own vanity website and the means to alter at will, the substance of an honorable persons' stated position.

If even a"Wild Sau" can do it, I bet a domesticated pig would have no difficulty in accomplishing the same task.

Last edited by JG300-Ascout on Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

#14: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: David_ReasonerLocation: South Central Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:32 pm
    ----
- Jinx
Ok, i have been thinking about this for a while.....and now it is time to call in the experts. (That would be you guys.)

Soooo.....any ideas?

Did Ford ever prototype an armored version of the Pinto?

David

#15: Re: Dear Sergeant Lingle.... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:47 pm
    ----
This whole subject brings to mind a 'Pink Floyd' tune...

" The evidence before the court is, incontrivertable, theres no need for the Jury to retire.

In all my years of judging, I've never seen before, a case more deserving that, of full penalities of LAW!! ............FILLS ME WITH THE URGE TO DEFICATE!!!"

How I love 'The Wall"

-> AFV News Discussion Board