What's EXOS up to?
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: What's EXOS up to? Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:01 am
    ----
Ok, time for an update on the Wild Sau from Quebec :

I have 10 hours of flight on a Cessna 152 to date. Everything is going great. I should be flying solo soon. Doing circuits and emergency procedures right now. Next is navigation and instruments. I'll take my written exam from Transports Canada soon too.

I've signed up for an intensive course to become an aeroplane mechanic. The course begins in June, and there will be interviews and tests in May, so I'm not in yet. It's a 1 1/2 year thing. In the meantine, I've also began a Physics course, wich is a prerequisite for the mechanic course, that I did not complete in high school. The mechanic course leads to a liscence from Transports Canada to operate as a plane/helo mechanic after 4 years of experience. I'll already have 18 months experience at the end of the course, they credit it.

So that'll be my 4th or 5th career now... Smile not counting "father at home", from wich I'll be taking my retirement soon.

Last edited by JG300-EXOS on Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: What's EXOS up to? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:01 am
    ----
WOW Dude!

Excellent - I have 4.5 hours in a Cessna 152. Sweet Plane!!!! Not real pretty, but it sure is slow, LMAO!!! Best wishes with your fliight training and your first solo!

Sounds like a solid plan, bud!!!

#3: Re: What's EXOS up to? Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:48 am
    ----
HOURS HMMMmm let me find the ol log book
Ah yes 7.1hrs Glider
79.7 powered total.. 18. solo No ticket though had to fund the children Crying or Very sad

wheres my Dads old log..... there it is.. Lets see 1584.33 total time that Doesn't count his second book.......

Anyone interested in seeing some pages out of his Log???

#4: Re: What's EXOS up to? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:48 am
    ----
Congrats EXOS!!! I thought I was the only guy that did 'career' changes...lol

Keep us posted on your adventures!!

Bullet, I for one am interested....:chug:

#5: Re: What's EXOS up to? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:05 pm
    ----
Second it.....old logbook entries are COOL, and your Dad's would be something even more special!

#6: Re: What's EXOS up to? Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:17 am
    ----
Keep it up Exos. Just a little advice. Don't wait to long between lessons, because you will get a little rusty and usually have to spend more time reviewing your last flight. In the long run it will take you longer to get the ticket...

I'll get to work on some pages out of my Dads log book and post them later. thanks for the interest Smile

#7: Re: What's EXOS up to? Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:50 am
    ----
- JG300-1Bullet
Don't wait to long between lessons, because you will get a little rusty and usually have to spend more time reviewing your last flight.

I won't. I'd like to finish this before summer.

#8: Re: What's EXOS up to? Author: IMS_Dakota PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:31 am
    ----
Does this mean you will be qualified to patch up all those dents and bullet holes in that temp you were bumping about tonight?

lol good to see you in there.

#9: Re: What's EXOS up to? Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:02 pm
    ----
- IMS_Dakota
Does this mean you will be qualified to patch up all those dents and bullet holes in that temp you were bumping about tonight?

lol good to see you in there.

Nahhhh, this is for the fuselage guys...

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum