M114 Custer
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Re: M114 Custer Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:13 pm
    ----
I would say thats a ....

Target !!
Cease Fire!!

#2: Re: M114 Custer Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:29 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

At least that scout vehicle died facing it destoryer.

I always worryed about that mo-gas fuel tank right next to the driver. I would alway tell my drivers to point the right front corner at anything that looked hostile. That at least put some of the engine in front of them.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: M114 Custer Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:34 am
    ----
Here at the NTC / Fort Irwin, we have an area in the central manuver corridor on the northern wall called "114 Wadi". Its a very tight manuver area where you basically have to move single file to get through undetected. BLUFOR visiting units don't usually use or even know about it so we use it a lot for Force on Force battles. Its littered with M114 hulks in varrying stages of destruction and deterioration, although not quite to the extent of the one pictured above.

#4: Re: M114 Custer Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:55 pm
    ----
Do you know if there are any Ontos left out there? If so, any photos of vehicle with markings?

-> AFV News Discussion Board