So what was that?...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: So what was that?... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:12 pm
    ----
Was offline for a whole, for me at least... Too much bandwidth or something like that... Did we kill the board Wink

Neil

#2: Re: So what was that?... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:16 pm
    ----
Scared the beejeezus outta' me, too....but I have faith in the admins...(who, BTW, are working on a new feature for us here on the AFV forum board...and that mighta' been related to the "downtime" in some way).

No need to panic.....yet. Wink

BTW, Neil...you have the coolest avatar on these boards!

#3: Re: So what was that?... Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:44 pm
    ----
Since today is February 28, my first reaction was not to panic (for a change). But that got me to thinking (for a change). Does anyone know where the host servers are located? Because if they are well to the East of here (and i am well toward the Eastern part of North America), maybe it's already March 01 there. So if there is a quota.....and it is calculated on a monthly basis.....is this going to happen again in three or four weeks? Just pondering out loud.....

#4: Re: So what was that?... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:30 pm
    ----
- Jinx
Does anyone know where the host servers are located?

Deep inside the hollowed-out volcano, north of the secret mountain on an uncharted island. That's about all I'm allowed to say.

I'd not fret this disturbance in the force too much, I think we've got pro's at the helm.... Wink

#5: Re: So what was that?... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:42 pm
    ----
Sorry about the bandwidth outage today fellas, this was due to some server settings being set wrong. That's since been cleared up and it shouldn't happen again... Wink

#6: Re: So what was that?... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:07 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
Sorry about the bandwidth outage today fellas, this was due to some server settings being set wrong. That's since been cleared up and it shouldn't happen again... Wink

Yeah sure,.....did you get a new keyboard after spilling your beer on it...???
(thus shorting out the server?)
Mr. Green

#7: Re: So what was that?... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:19 pm
    ----
- Dontos
- Shadow_Bshwackr

Yeah sure,.....did you get a new keyboard after spilling your beer on it...???
(thus shorting out the server?)
Mr. Green

More likely, being an ardent admirer of sheep, Bushy was pre-occupied with "tending the herd", as we politely like to phrase it... Wink

#8: Re: So what was that?... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:17 pm
    ----
LOL...I heard that Ascout...lol

And LMAO Dontos! No, the beer spill didn't get it....lol

Imagine my shock when I 'popped on' to check the site and boards and seen that message!...lol ( That would have been enough to knock a beer over..lol)

#9: Re: So what was that?... Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:11 am
    ----
I went to sleep on 28 Feb and woke up 1 Mar. Who stole the 29, 30 and 31 of February? Jeez, I hope the boss doesn't dock my pay for any time I missed.

-> AFV News Discussion Board