Trivia Quiz
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Trivia Quiz Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:43 pm
    ----
Can you guess this one?
Mr. Green

#2: Re: Trivia Quiz Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:54 pm
    ----
[img][/img][img][/img]
I will guess a "Honey" Stuart tank with the turret removed for use as a Recce vehicle. Similar to the attched photos which are from 1945, with the 8th Kings Royal Irish Hussars (RAC)?

#3: Re: Trivia Quiz Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:19 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Can you guess this one?
Mr. Green

I'm guessing an M3 Command Tank?:

"M3 Command Tank: Removal of turret and putting welded box superstructure with .50 cal MG on mount."

www.wwiivehicles.com/u...m3_m5.html

Neil

#4: Re: Trivia Quiz Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:36 pm
    ----
Nope,.....

Nope,.....

Mr. Green

#5: Re: Trivia Quiz Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:50 pm
    ----
I don't know the exact designation as my Hunnicutt Stuart book is at home. However, it is a pilot model for a self-propelled howitzer mounting the 75mm pack howitzer using the M3 Stuart.

#6: Re: Trivia Quiz Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:05 pm
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures
I don't know the exact designation as my Hunnicutt Stuart book is at home. However, it is a pilot model for a self-propelled howitzer mounting the 75mm pack howitzer using the M3 Stuart.

Oh yeah... T18 75mm Howitzer Motor Carriage?

Neil

#7: Re: Trivia Quiz Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:16 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
- toadmanstankpictures

Oh yeah... T18 75mm Howitzer Motor Carriage?

Neil

Sounds good to me! Smile

#8: Re: Trivia Quiz Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:33 pm
    ----
Would the T18, Howitzer motor carriage had two hatches directly over the gun system. The top photo appears to show handles for two hatches. I'm sticking with some type of Stuart Recce vehicle. I never knew there were so many variations of the Stuart to begin with!

#9: Re: Trivia Quiz Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:42 pm
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
Would the T18, Howitzer motor carriage had two hatches directly over the gun system. The top photo appears to show handles for two hatches. I'm sticking with some type of Stuart Recce vehicle. I never knew there were so many variations of the Stuart to begin with!

Hard to tell since the top of that T18 pic is cut off... Unfortunately, Hunnicutt's Stuart is still on my list to buy, someday...

I also wonder if the T18 superstructure is too tall in comparison with Don's picture - but the latter may have a perspective issue...

Neil

#10: Re: Trivia Quiz Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:31 pm
    ----
Heres a better photo

#11: Re: Trivia Quiz Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:52 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Heres a better photo

So is that it? I'm not sure, but if its not, I give up...

Neil

#12: Re: Trivia Quiz Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:03 pm
    ----
So whats the definitive answer, or are you gonna make us sweat this out till this evening?

#13: Re: Trivia Quiz Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:06 pm
    ----
Its the T18, 75mm HMC, you guys nailed it...

Guess I need to try harder.

#14: Re: Trivia Quiz Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:29 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Its the T18, 75mm HMC, you guys nailed it...

Guess I need to try harder.
Of course he picked on without a rotating turret Smile

#15: Re: Trivia Quiz Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:36 pm
    ----
HAHAHA....

Yeah, at least I KNOW which is the front on this thing. Kinda like the T28 also...

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board