SOLO
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: SOLO Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:07 am
    ----
I'm going solo this weekend, if the chief-instructor agrees, after I fly with him on Sunday.

#2: Re: SOLO Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:54 am
    ----
Shocked

Cool

Congrats Exos !!

Mr. Green

#3: Re: SOLO Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:10 am
    ----

#4: Re: SOLO Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:55 pm
    ----
Good Luck buddy!!! Hope the weather holds for you and can't wait to find out if ya "did it"!!!!!!!

YOU GO, EXOS!!!!

#5: Re: SOLO Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:42 pm
    ----
Do it, EXOS!....and they say pigs can't fly!

#6: Re: SOLO Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:29 am
    ----
OK...Sun's been down for a while and I don't think this was s'posed to be an instrument flight...EXOS better be OK.......or maybe he "forgot" where the airfield was and had to set that C-152 down over at the Molson brewery.....:D

EXOS?

#7: Re: SOLO Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:57 am
    ----
I'm pretty sure I wrote Sunday... Mr. Green

#8: Re: SOLO Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:13 am
    ----
OH! Yeah, you did....guess I was all excited for you and stuff...!!

Good luck buddy!!!!! Getchya a good night's rest and we're pullin' for ya!

#9: Re: SOLO Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:32 pm
    ----
Well..... no solo today. BUT, only because there was not enough daylight left.

The chief-instructor was very pleased and impressed with my flying. Winds were 10 knots with gusts of 20 kts, and a good cross-wind on rwy 29. I overshot my first landing, and it's the only negative point the chief had to say, because I hesitated a bit before putting full throttle. The next 3 landings were very good.

He said : I've been told you were good, but now I can see how really good you are!... I was very happy with that.

So maybe a short flight next weekend to make sure I understand balked landings, and then I should be OK to go.

#10: Re: SOLO Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:09 pm
    ----
- JG300-EXOS
He said : I've been told you were good, but now I can see how really good you are!... I was very happy with that.

...as well you should be! Sounds like word of your online exploits made it to the local airfield as well!!!

#11: Re: SOLO Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:41 pm
    ----
Here is a picture of the airport where I take my lessons (CYJN). It was taken by a fellow student :

#12: Re: SOLO Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:32 pm
    ----
Well I have to say, I'm impressed! Not just with the airport in particular (although it looks well-laid-out), but particularly with the inscrutable Canadian Ingenuity to spraypaint the grass around the airfield all white so the runways and taxiways show up so well.

Darn Good Thinkin'!!!

Definitely a nice advantage to have and something I think other airfields should consider... THIS is exactly the kind of cross-cultural information exchange that needs to happen more often, we can learn a lot from our savvy neighbors up north!!!!

Just realized another health and safety benefit....any penguins lurking around the airfield would be easily spotted against the white ground, thus reducing chances of attacks or penguin strikes on any planes in the landing pattern. Win-Win situation.

Makes me wonder what other little tips and secrets y'all are holding on to????

#13: Re: SOLO Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:49 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Well I have to say, I'm impressed! Not just with the airport in particular (although it looks well-laid-out), but particularly with the inscrutable Canadian Ingenuity to spraypaint the grass around the airfield all white so the runways and taxiways show up so well.

Stoopy...
I think that's lime...for, uh...you know....accidents and such. Wink

#14: Re: SOLO Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:44 pm
    ----
Ok, here we go again : I flew this morning with instructor, and if the weather is good tomorrow, I will go solo at around 14:30 EST, after doing 3 circuits with Stephane, my instructor. Man I love this!!

#15: Re: SOLO Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:49 pm
    ----

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum