Sgts. Kibbey and Button grab a few friends and go for a ride
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Sgts. Kibbey and Button grab a few friends and go for a Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:40 pm
    ----
Here is a close-up from the "original" image. I was at the library yesterday, and while they didn't have a lot of books with armour content, i did find a few photos worth sharing. They were taken with my digital camera in less-than-perfect light, so i apologize for the image quality. More pictures to follow soon.

With this view i think it's pretty clearly a rifle butt. (The caption only said the vehicle was a M3 halftrack, nothing about the troops.)

#17: Re: Sgts. Kibbey and Button grab a few friends and go for a ride Author: 68BarracudaLocation: Ridgecrest Ca. (China Lake NAWC) PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:53 pm
    ----
Yup...that pic is MUCH clearer...definatly a rifle butt...

#18: Re: Sgts. Kibbey and Button grab a few friends and go for a Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:27 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

Why is the rifle pointed down? Shocked

Lets see, troops are all wearing field jackets. Must be winter. Possible has been raining. Ground next to road way looks a bit muddy. Sad

Owner of that rifle is manning the 30 cal. on that side. Razz
He has his rifle stored in rack that runs along the inside edge of the troop compartment. The rifle is muzzle down to keep the weather (rain or snow) out of the gun barrel.

My take on that rifle.
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

-> AFV News Discussion Board