Small arms question...
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Small arms question... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:34 am
    ----
- Cloudy
- piney
99 % certain that it's a T-48, produced by H7R for trials against the eventual M-14. all the visibe features match the photo

HTH

Jeff Lewis

Hello all!

First post here and I believe that you are absolutely correct. The grooved forends match exactly and it's just an optical trick that makes the handguard look much larger than the museum version. I think that the museum example may be missing the circular cap/band under the front sight.

Alan

Yep, I'm persuaded he's got it right, too!

#17: Re: Small arms question... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:41 am
    ----
[img][/img]
I guess the answer to the weapon is the T48, here is the write up from under the picture.
The Delackner Aerocycle was tested in 1956. It used a four-cylinder, 43 HP, water-cooled engine to turn counter-rotating blades...if you look closely, you'll notice COL(R) Sundby is standing on top of rotating rotor blades! The operator could move vertically by using the bicycle-like handle bars to control the speed of the blades, and could move horizontally by leaning forward, backward, and to the sides. The aerocycle is on display inside the main building.

#18: Re: Small arms question... Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:56 am
    ----
In a related story, the Army team was 0 for 11 in 1956, because for some mysterious reason all their footballs went missing.....

#19: Re: Small arms question... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:35 pm
    ----
[img][/img][img][/img]
Found this while at Ft Eustis. Related to the picture/question that started this thread a while back. You could'nt pay me enough to be on this. Fall off and thats all she wrote!

#20: Hummm...could be! Author: oldtop PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:23 pm
    ----

-> AFV News Discussion Board