Keep Losing POV1 X52
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: Keep Losing POV1 X52 Author: RM_bizkidLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:42 pm
    ----
Since the patch 4.04 I have been randomly losing my views on POV1 (X52) All works well in control panel calibration and in Newview? Sometimes they work in the game and the next it does not. Sometimes they work at the beginning of the game and then stop? I have double checked to remove any conflicting views in the controls menu and have removed everything except a center key in the controls menu. (I actually installed newview when the problem started with the default settings, but the problem persisted)

Any suggestions would be appreciated....I am out of ideas.

#2: Re: Keep Losing POV1 X52 Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:57 pm
    ----
Are you using POV1 in pan mode or snap mode?
Are you running the SST profile software?
Are you running V1 drivers or the updated ones?
What's your Mobo?

Mr. Green

#3: Re: Keep Losing POV1 X52 Author: RM_bizkidLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:08 pm
    ----
Thank you for the quick reply!

Now using Newview with all other views disabled in the IL2 control panel. Still running the original drivers withoujt updates as I heard they caused problems. I am not running any SST software profiles. SST is loaded on the task bar. I have enabled the "mouse view" in Newview which appears to help, but have not confirmed that the problem has went away as this was just done recently.

System Setup:

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP 3200+
1024 OCZ Dual Channel DDR PC3200
2 x WD Raptor 36GB SATA 10,000 RPM Raid 0
Gainward Ultra 2400 6800 GT 256 mb
Nvidia 81.85 Saitek X52 Saitek G15 Keyboard

I think something strange is going on as "sometimes" the button 33 (small button beside the mouse on the throttle) will emulate a right click mouse in the IL2 control panel and not button 33.

This is a strange one lol

#4: Re: Keep Losing POV1 X52 Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:18 pm
    ----
- RM_bizkid
I have double checked to remove any conflicting views in the controls menu and have removed everything except a center key in the controls menu.

I refer to the new view read.me Smile

Quote...
Steps 5 and 6 have to be done in the game, so start IL2FB.

5. Disable all hat switch buttons in the IL2FB Control settings.
Open the Controls page in IL2FB. REMOVE all HAT assignments that appear in the Controls. You do this by assigning another command. The easiest way to do this is to press the left mouse button in each one until the key assignment reads LEFT MOUSE only. Continue doing this in each view command in the PAN and SNAP VIEW sections until they are all blank. When you are finished, reassign LEFT MOUSE to your GUNNER FIRE Control.

6. Disable "Num5" as the view centering key in the IL2FB Control settings.
Follow the steps in step 5 to remove this key from the in-game settings. If you don't you will cause conflicts between NewView and IL2FB. Exit the Control settings by clicking Apply.

I've talked to Saitek about 'problems' with the X52 FCS and they say there are 'issues' with Asus mobo's.

#5: Re: Keep Losing POV1 X52 Author: RM_bizkidLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:53 pm
    ----
All changes made! Will give it a test for a while and see if I get lucky.

Thanks again!

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters