Firing Up FS9 Again
-> FS2004

#1: Firing Up FS9 Again Author: BooRayLocation: Des Moines, IA PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:32 pm
    ----
Greetings all BooRay here:

I am in the process of building a new PC and it wont be long before I am loading FS9 back onto my new rig and I am looking forward to it.

Sure I have a ton of catching up to do with the latest and greatest downloads and I would like to get an early start with some help.

If someone could please make a quick post of the must haves for FS9. Dont really need detailed info unless you want, just a short list of what downloads are best to enhance the FS9 experience That way when I have everything set up and can install, flip the switch and FLY AWAY.

I know the download section here is a great start and I plan on getting each item there downloaded soon.

I guess I could read all the posts but I am just lazy, Laughing and know someone will step up for me. thanks

#2: Re: Firing Up FS9 Again Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:18 pm
    ----
The VERY first thing I would do Boo is get Fleds Scenery enhancement, then the Spartan and all the updates. (all available in CC's Download Section) The rest we can work on later...lol

BTW, welcome back to the darkside..:D

#3: Re: Firing Up FS9 Again Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:58 pm
    ----
Welcome back from the netherworld BooRay, long time no see. Glad to see you back.

#4: Re: Firing Up FS9 Again Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:53 pm
    ----
Hi BooRay !!

Good to see you !!

At the downloads sections there are a few bobs and bits, as bushy allready stated,
to let yer world look a bit different the Environmental pack (shameless plug for own work ),
Milton's Spartan + upd3, 4, 5 and 6.
Milton's Beechcraft D18s + upd pack at d/l section
FSDZigns L-049 Constellation + upd pack at d/l section
TeamSpeak Laughing
And when you get all that installed we will find another couple of things for you Wink

AH! almost forgot, don't forget to get Marco's flightplans for the sunday flights Wink

fled

#5: Re: Firing Up FS9 Again Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:30 pm
    ----
Second that suggestion about Fled's Com-C Environment package - it's OUT-STANDING in every way and you'll never want to mess with your scenery, water, clouds, sun, or lighting effects again. Well worth it!!!!

For helo's.....a quick shameless plug for fr8ycat's OH-6A Loach here in the downlaod section - two versions, and you'll not likely find a smoother and more refined flight model for a helo - it's a treat. Float version coming soon - promise!

Lastly, check the "Other Sites FS2004 Events" section for a buncha stuff about PROPS air racing - get signed up, download all the cool race planes and courses, and be ready for PROPS race season when it starts. Even if you fly offline, the courses are great anyways.

Oh yeah - along the same lines, look at the Gee Bee Z model that just came out (very recent post about it in this section) - it's also very killer, and a ton of fun around the PROPS pylon courses where it's at really at home!!

#6: Re: Firing Up FS9 Again Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:01 pm
    ----
Great suggestions Stoopy!!

The OH-6A is now my favorite helo in my hangar...:D

The GeeBee Model Z is now made into an EZ install and in CC's download section. Word on the 'street' is CC could be making a repaint for this... Wink

#7: Re: Firing Up FS9 Again Author: BooRayLocation: Des Moines, IA PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:06 pm
    ----
Got FS9 loaded again, and a yoke and rudder pedals ordered and coming. Going to be a sweet set up once I am finished.

Downloading about everything there is to download from Com-Central including the scenery packs and aircraft.

Going to be flying by stick to start but the yoke and rudder pedals will be nice to have for flying the big birds.

Cyall in the skies real soon

#8: Re: Firing Up FS9 Again Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:12 pm
    ----
Yoke??!! In a FW-190??

Dude!

No seriously....hey what rudder pedals did ya get? CH? And which yoke? Same brand?

Oh wait...just read the part about how the yoke is only for occasional use... my pulse is dropping already, I thought the world was ending there for a minute!

-> FS2004