Fort Leonard Wood
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Fort Leonard Wood Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:16 pm
    ----
This summer I have to follow the a three week course at the NBC school here and I have some questions;

- are there any tankmuseums in the neighbourhood?

- what are the possibilities for fishing in this area?

- what are other interesting things to see there??

Regards,
Lesley

#2: Re: Fort Leonard Wood Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:42 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
This summer I have to follow the a three week course at the NBC school here and I have some questions;

Regards,
Lesley

No....

...Yes...

......Not really!

Good ole' 'Lost in the Woods'!!!

#3: Re: Fort Leonard Wood Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:06 pm
    ----
- Dontos
- L.Delsing

Regards,
Lesley

No....

Doesnt Leonard Wood have any vehicles?

At least the Belvoir historian says Belvoir doesnt have any more vehicles since the Engineer Center & School moved to Leonard Wood...

Neil

#4: Re: Fort Leonard Wood Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:42 pm
    ----
Hi,

It's been a few years since I was there, but I recall a goodly number of vehicles scattered around the post. I have pics of a bunch of FWP engineer equipment on nicely landscaped platforms, and some M4s and others around parade fields and such.

They also had a decent museum, with a dozen or so mostly engineering vehicles and equipment on display outside. I remember an AVLB with the bridge partially folded, and a truck/pontoon deal that doubled as a ferry and a bridge component. It's not a vast assortment of armor, but it's worth a visit.

C

#5: Re: Fort Leonard Wood Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:29 pm
    ----
Didn't the Chemical School bring their museum stuff with them from Ft. McClellan? If they did, there should be a couple of flame thrower Shermans(M42B1E9 and some sort of M4A1 POA) and a M67A1 on display to name a few.

#6: Re: Fort Leonard Wood Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:00 pm
    ----
Thanks for the anwers!
I will take my camera and make pictures of every tank and armoured vehicle I see. Also take my fishing rod with me as it is a great opportunity for black bass fishing.

That is, when I survive the VX.........

Thanks,
regards,
Lesley

-> AFV News Discussion Board