Air plane have fun.....
-> Officer's Club

#1: Air plane have fun..... Author: Jeffrey_ButtonLocation: Killeen,Tx PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:33 am
    ----

Here's one I thought would get you! Wink

#2: Re: Air plane have fun..... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:34 am
    ----
Can't mention the name without looking at prison time.....good bird to watch the northern lights from tho..if it in fact existed!

#3: Re: Air plane have fun..... Author: Jeffrey_ButtonLocation: Killeen,Tx PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:37 am
    ----
Stoopy it is real but still under in testing.

#4: Re: Air plane have fun..... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:43 am
    ----
Oh, I don't doubt it! Just can't say it!

I worked with a USAF mechanic who had a story about it flying into their base one night. All non-essential personnel were told to go to their barracks and draw the blinds, not look out, and not discuss any loud noises they heard. Or so it went.

Tons of stories like that...thing is, Jeffrey, that story is about 20 years old, so it's a looonnnnggg test I guess!

Matter of fact I worked with some very interesting (intelligent and credible) retired USAF techs and flight engineers for a good long while, some years back, who had some RRRREEEEEEAAAALLLLLY interesting stories, not about that plane tho! And my favorite uncle (rest his soul now) worked out at Goldstone tracking station for quite some time, starting with the Gemini program and through the Apollo missions...used to tell my cousin and I some pretty spine-curling stories sometimes....

You can wonder about that stuff all day long, but by the time the sun sets you don't know any more than when you started.....so it becomes kind of moot after a while anyhoo. Like the modern-day equivalent of old sailors, we like to have our yarns and sea-tales even today....whether they be true or not, lad, well, thats part of the fun I 'spose!

Neat picture tho!

#5: Re: Air plane have fun..... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:03 am
    ----
This Jeffrey's dad, I thought it looked like a "flight sim" aircraft, not exactly real, however it does resemble some "scram-jet" designs I think I've seen.

#6: Re: Air plane have fun..... Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:30 am
    ----
I've heard about this plane, and from what I've read, non-classified, its called the Aurora

#7: Re: Air plane have fun..... Author: Sabre45Location: West Texas PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:54 am
    ----
Now you all have gone and exposed your selfs to a visit by two men or women in black suits who will want to show you a very special ink pen.

#8: Re: Air plane have fun..... Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:56 am
    ----
www.fas.org/irp/mystery/aurora.htm yup wingnut got it

#9: Re: Air plane have fun..... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:58 am
    ----
Hehe! See my inference to "Northern Lights" (c'mon...."Aurora Borealis")...so I get to say.....once again....

drum roll.....

Toldja!

#10: Re: Air plane have fun..... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:14 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Hehe! See my inference to "Northern Lights" (c'mon...."Aurora Borealis")...so I get to say.....once again....

drum roll.....

Toldja!

LOL Stoopy...

"The sleek aircraft would cruise at Mach 5 (3,350 mph) speed at a maximum altitude of about 100,000 feet. The aircraft would be made primarily of titanium with its outer edges constructed of Inconel, a heat-resistant stainless steel. At Mach 5 speed the leading edges of the air-frame would glow red above 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit. Power for this futuristic airplane would come from four turbo-ramjets. The engines would operate as turbojets at low speeds, but at higher speeds the compressor and turbine would be overridden so the engines would operate as ramjets."

#11: Re: Air plane have fun..... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:44 pm
    ----
This is the suspect in many monthly, if not weekly "earthquakes/sonic booms" we here in So. Cal were experiencing a few years back.

Of course the USGS said "there were no earthquakes", and the US military would say "not us"...........

And Fr8ycat would say "sshhhhh, I'm trying to sleep".

-> Officer's Club