Video clip of TOW missile being fired
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Video clip of TOW missile being fired Author: DirkLocation: South Africa PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:57 pm
    ----
As found on Wikipedia.

Video clip of a Danish TOW missile being fired

Cheers

Dirk

#2: Re: Video clip of TOW missile being fired Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:05 pm
    ----
COOL!

#3: Re: Video clip of TOW missile being fired Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:21 pm
    ----
very cool, that would be the perfect vehicle for those day's when yer stopped on the highway because the car's up front are gawkin at an accident 6 lanes over.

#4: Re: Video clip of TOW missile being fired Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:24 pm
    ----
- 401RCAF_HitMan
very cool, that would be the perfect vehicle for those day's when yer stopped on the highway because the car's up front are gawkin at an accident 6 lanes over.

Hey, Hitman...I thought that vehicle was better featured in this thread...
www.com-central.net/in...amp;t=2972

...seems just about right for SoCal freeways... Wink

#5: Re: Video clip of TOW missile being fired Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:50 pm
    ----
Okay - Now ID that tank in the clip.

Quick -- shot or no shoot

And admit if you slowed or stopped the video Smile
(I'll admit I froze the frame)

#6: Re: Video clip of TOW missile being fired Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:02 pm
    ----
This one??

OOPS....guess he didn't know either.

#7: Re: Video clip of TOW missile being fired Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:45 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

That was a Centurion. That call is based on the track block, edge of the engine deck, and the exhuast system hanging off of what is left of the fenders.

No idea with Mark is it.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#8: Re: Video clip of TOW missile being fired Author: DirkLocation: South Africa PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:01 am
    ----
I made the Centurion ID from the gun-mantlet thinga-ma-bob.

Sad way for a Cent to end up in Crying or Very sad

Dirk

#9: Re: Video clip of TOW missile being fired Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:24 am
    ----
- Dirk
I made the Centurion ID from the gun-mantlet thinga-ma-bob.

Sad way for a Cent to end up in cry

Dirk
Gun mantlet was the first thing that gave it away for me. Funny to see a centurian without side skirts and the storage bins on the turret.

I'm not sure I go along with the 'sad way to end up' Sort of like the ships the navy sinks in weapons tests. COnsidering that it will go out some way is it better for it to die like this, be dropped in the ocean to make a reef, or be melted down to make I beams?

Looking back most of us think it is sad that so many Shermans, Panthers, Mk IVs, etc ended up being used as range targets. But my view is that it is sad that someone didn't set a few aside for historical purposes. But at the time there were so many around that they were viewed as an almost unending stream of 'junk tanks'. It was only after someone went to the storage yard and realised they had just shot up the last one they thought 'damn we should have saved one for the museum'

-> AFV News Discussion Board