FSM MovingMap for fs2k2 and fs9
-> FS2004

#1: FSM MovingMap for fs2k2 and fs9 Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:40 am
    ----
Cool

S! All !

just stumbled over this and tought it may could interrest ya all! Mr. Green
=>

FSM MovingMap (Freeware)

works with both FS2002 and FS2004

FSM Moving Map is a Freeware software with some neat features. With proper maps, you will be able to find your road (or lack of) in FS environment, or fly at ease using Sectional or terminal charts. The concept is very simple: you, the user define all the maps... once you are flying, FSMMM will try to locate the best map available, and display it on screen.

Main screen (image has been edited to fit the web page)

Here is a screenshot of MovingMap - the road I live is just underneath the right wing of the aircraft icon.

One of our beta user has described it as "flying like the rich people with fancy GPS units sporting colour map displays" - 'nuff said.

On local PC, this map can be used with FS2004 Kneeboard, or with "MovingMap Launcher". This software can also integrate with FlightSim Manager, and work over the network using FSM Lanview (so you can fly on one machine while the map runs on a different PC).

Requirements:
For unregistered users of FSUIPC, at-least FSUIPC ver: 3.44 is required.
Please understand: this software DOESNOT come with any pre-built maps.
Once setup, it can be a lot of fun.
I got this map to finally track "Snake Pass" on the way from "Sheffield, UK" to "Manchester, UK".
I used to travel a lot on that road couple of years back, but could never find it in FlightSimulator before.
Its just much easier now.
<=

to be found at => library.avsim.net/down...DLID=61968

Have fun and enjoy!

fled
Cool

#2: Re: FSM MovingMap for fs2k2 and fs9 Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:05 pm
    ----
Nice find Fled cheers mate Mr. Green

#3: Re: FSM MovingMap for fs2k2 and fs9 Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:53 pm
    ----
WOW, man!!! A map, that like, moves, you say???

So like, where do you get the maps for it to use, any idea???

It sounds kinda......mesmerizing......like, you could be flying along and have it open in a window, right? And it mooves .... slowly.....moving......kinda hypnotical. And stuff. Could finally be a replacement for that dang lava lamp on the desk!

What would happen if you used some large rudder inputs while flying? You should be able to get the map to kind of sway back and forth...slowly.....as it's moving along....forward....and back...and forth.....and baaaaackkk....and fooooorrrth....and baaa...eeehhhhhh ..yyyyyuuuuu.... ...yuuuUUU... ...yuuuuuUUUUUUURRRRRRRKKKK!!!!

Uhhhhhhhh Shocked Maybe not such a good idea on a full stomach.....

Seriously, pretty interesting find Fled!

#4: Re: FSM MovingMap for fs2k2 and fs9 Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:09 pm
    ----
OOOO!! OOOOO! I gotta 'nother question!

Are the maps that you have to provide, like, bitmap graphic images? Like big ol JPG's or what???

'Cuz then you could maybe make like a HUUUGE big ol' bitmap of Ali Landry or Halle Barry or even that chick on the Weather Channel, right?

And then...hehe....fly around diff'rent places...yeeeaaahhh.....

If so, I'm flyin' down to Baja, boys, WOOHOOO!!

#5: Re: FSM MovingMap for fs2k2 and fs9 Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:59 am
    ----
I was looking at the this program at Flightsim.com and they have all the aeronautical section maps that are set up specifically to work with the program. I know they have all the US and Canada maps, but I'm not sure if they have any other countrys. I for one will be getting this program and those maps. Laughing

#6: Re: FSM MovingMap for fs2k2 and fs9 Author: BooRayLocation: Des Moines, IA PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:43 am
    ----
I had this program installed on my kneeboard and it was ok. Honestly I didnt think it yielded that much for the game, just some eye candy. You have to download maps for local areas to take advantage of the features.

In all I ended up removing it from my kneeboard cause I really didnt have much use for it but some may find it useful for FS9.

BooRay

#7: Re: FSM MovingMap for fs2k2 and fs9 Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:40 pm
    ----
Booray, that's where those maps I mentioned in my last post will come in handy. They were made from actual expired aeronatical section maps that are in use by pilots today. They will move to the areas based on where you start from and show you the information along your path a lot like a GPS. If you know how to use the maps, it can come in quite handy.

-> FS2004