Future Panzers
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Future Panzers Author: buglerbilly PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:12 am
    ----
The Marder goes under the designation of VTS-1, see this image........whether this is related to or the same as the swedish one I don't know?

Another one, the EGS (Experimentalwanne Gesamtschutz) a prototype/concept for a "Light" (or LightER) MBT to follow-on from the Leo 2; the gun isn't fitted of course.

The TACOM Tank Test Bed, I believe an ABRAMS with external gun?

That's it for now..........

Regards,

BUG

#17: Re: Future Panzers Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:34 am
    ----
- buglerbilly
The Marder goes under the designation of VTS-1, see this image........whether this is related to or the same as the swedish one I don't know?

BUG

Thats it. During a 'partnership' personnel exchange, I got to drive the regular Marder in a tactical environment while 'we' trained at 'Bonnland' (the MOUT site at Hammelberg). The story of the 105 test came up then.

The Plt Sgt related how the turret ring and hull weren't strong enough to hold up to the 105 recoil. Apparently it caused the hull to crack.

Just another 'soldiers tale' (had to leave out OLD Shocked , in respect to the present audience... Wink

#18: Re: Future Panzers Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:59 am
    ----
- buglerbilly
God I'm good (he says smiling) Cool

This is the bugga..........the VT1-2 (VT = VersuchsTrager)........
Regards,

BUG

That appears to be the vehicle in question. I was mistaken about the calibre of the armament, but everything else sounds right.

Thank you kindly for the pictures and the data!

-> AFV News Discussion Board