11th ACR welcome home day pics...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: 11th ACR welcome home day pics... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:11 am
    ----
Fort Irwin held a Welcome Home, 2 day celebration for the 11th ACR soldiers that just came back from a year in Iraq. It was yesterday and wraps up this evening. The following pictures are from the static displays that were inside and just outside the museum. Even the Terminator himself, CA Governor Schwarzenegger, was on had to award 15 Purple Hearts, of which, one went to one of my Staff Sergeants in the mortar platoon. [img][/img][img][/img]
These two doors were on display inside the museum. They are from up-armored Hummers used by the 11th ACR. Those steel plates are 1/4 inch thick. [img][/img][img][/img]
This M113A3 belongs to the 58th Engineers.
[img][/img]
This HETT is from the S&T Troop, of the RSS. This vehicle appeared to be darn near new. Notice the "stickers" on the trailers spare tires. The tie-down chains didn't even have rust and the trailers surface appeared scratch and gouge free.
[img][/img][img][/img]
This SEE, (Small Emplacement Excavator) is also from the 58th Engineers. These handle like crap when being driven cross country but they do wonders when digging.
[img][/img][img][/img]
This M1 belongs to the 1-221st Nevada National Guard, Delta Troop. They are our round-out unit. They were activated for 15 months to replace the 11th while they were deployed. This is an OPFOR M1 and usually has the 55 gallon drums on the rear deck to simulate Soviet armor. Notice the ring on the drive sprocket. I believe this ring was a topic of discussion on this DG in the past.
[img][/img][img][/img]
This Bradley belongs to 1/11th ACR, Golf Troop commanders vehicle.
[img][/img][img][/img]
These sniper rifles belong to HHT 2-11th Scout/Sniper platoon. Here is what is layed out. M107 Barrett 50cal with Leupold 14X scope. M24 Rem 700 with 25X Leupold scope. The spotting scope is a 45X Leupold. The M4 rifle has the following attachments, 4X ACOG scope, PAQ2A laser designator, "Surefire" flashlight with IR cover. Some of the other night vision devises are PAS 13 Thermal sight and a PVS 10 NVD. There is also the 9mm Beretta's.
[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
These final three pictures are inside the museum. These maniquiens are done up to represent a voting station. The 11th ACR was tasked with guarding these sites. Notice the one "citizen" holding up his purple finger.

I hope you all enjoy these pictures. This may be my last post with pictures for a while. On Wednesday the 22nd, I head off to Fort Eustis for 88N re-class course that is 6 weeks long. While there, I will be taking lots of pictures and recording many serial/USA numbers off of as many items as I can find in my off time. I will try to check out this site when I can so I don't miss out on any good information or conversation. I will submit sit-reps from time to time from Ft Eustis. Until then.....

#2: Re: 11th ACR welcome home day pics... Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:47 am
    ----
What?

No mortars?????

Just kidding. Great photos as always. Don't forget to keep your camera with you wherever you go. You never know what you'll come across!

#3: Re: 11th ACR welcome home day pics... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:39 pm
    ----
Hi Jeff! Hi Folks!

Super photos, thanks for all the current news about the 11th ACR and the NTC.

Good luck with your new career field.
Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#4: Re: 11th ACR welcome home day pics... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:34 am
    ----
[img][/img]
This was one picture I forgot to post. SSG Cannon had just arrived to 11th ACR right before they deployed. Assigned to HHT 2/11th, Scout/Sniper platoon. Previously he was with 82nd Airborne, where he earned his first CIB and Combat patch. I told him it was uncommon for an 11th ACR NCO to have a Ranger TAB, Master Parachutist Wings, and CIB. He just laughed and said he was trying to keep a "Low Profile". I could tell he was a quiet professional. I was in my uniform, a "triple stack E-7", and this E-6 was the consumate professsional. Stood at "parade rest" even when I told him to be "at ease". Every question I had about the sniper weapons. he answered as if he were talkin to the Squadron Commander. One civilian walked by and asked if the 50cal Barrett sniper rifle was a "SAW", (Squad Automatic Weapon, 5.56mm MG). As all the other soldiers looked at each other trying to withhold their laughter, SSG Cannon gave a very professional and "Politically Correct" answer, as to not make the civilian feel or look like a fool. These are the soldiers I loved to have serving under me in the Mortar platoon. These are the type of men that make me proud to serve with.

#5: Re: 11th ACR welcome home day pics... Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:12 pm
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
These are the type of men that make me proud to serve with.

DITTO!! And what a privilege it is!

(Ain't it cool how you run into one, now and then, that reminds you of everything good about our soldiers?)

C

-> AFV News Discussion Board