Guitar Tab Sites
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#16: Re: Guitar Tab Sites Author: Hangman PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:26 pm
    ----
ok, time to post pics if you got em...

This pic is my 3 babies, the one on the left is my first guitar, a Yamaha FG-400,,its about as no frills as you can get but has a beautiful deep sound thats hard to beat...the one on the right is my Alvarez AJ60SC Acoustic/Electric...I was very impressed by the "Unplugged" sound of the guitar thus thats why I bought it...The middle one is an Alvarez AJ60s/12, basicall I was so impressed with the other one I bought a 12 string version..

These are my 7 year old sons guitars..he's not really playing yet but I'm trying to get him there...the electric is just a cheapy CC Clark $100 rig that I didn't have to worry to much about him breaking..the Ovation, well thats a different story..that is a real 1967, Model 1114 Josh White guitar, serial #240823...somewhere in its checkerd past some dumba** strung it with the wrong strings and cracked the top. It was repaired by a professional luthier and stil holds quite a bit of value..it was given to my son as a birthday gift from a family friend..That man was offered $800.00 by the luthier that repaired it by he turned it down..also in the pic you see my son is a Ryan Newman fan so I painted his room in Newman Blue & added the racing stripe..:)

#17: Re: Guitar Tab Sites Author: Jeffrey_ButtonLocation: Killeen,Tx PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:36 am
    ----
I will post some pix's of my guitar tomarrow.

#18: Re: Guitar Tab Sites Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:34 pm
    ----
Hey boy, you better take care of that Bass, "Santa" put alot of effort into getting you that! haha Love you bud!

#19: Re: Guitar Tab Sites Author: Jeffrey_ButtonLocation: Killeen,Tx PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:52 am
    ----
Here is my baby. It's a G.Burton electric bass four string. Mr. Green

#20: Re: Guitar Tab Sites Author: Jeffrey_ButtonLocation: Killeen,Tx PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:55 am
    ----
And dad, yes I will take good care of my baby. Love you to dad.

#21: Re: Guitar Tab Sites Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:14 pm
    ----
Nice rigs guys. Ok, here's mine.

Think it was posted on here somewhere awhile back but what the heck.
The pic isn't that great but it'l do.

Fender "Nashville" Telecaster with Tex-Mex pickups and the acoustic behind it is a Takamine.

#22: Re: Guitar Tab Sites Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:47 pm
    ----
Jeffrey,
What are the specifics on your Drive amp? I forgot, you can probably read it right off the box thats in the closet. I know its perfect for learning/practicing on. Be good and take care, Dad.

#23: Re: Guitar Tab Sites Author: Jeffrey_ButtonLocation: Killeen,Tx PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:45 pm
    ----
Sorry dad I can't answer that because I can't find the box. Love you. And i posted on AFV.

#24: Re: Guitar Tab Sites Author: Hangman PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:24 am
    ----
uh oh..lol

#25: Re: Guitar Tab Sites Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:51 am
    ----
OK, I never have 'em all out of their cases at the same time but have been meaning to get a shot of the gang all together, so why not....as long as you can excuse the ugly corner of my unfinished basement.

Only hitch is, you gotta guess what they are....

...naww, just kiddin'. In no particular order, they are:

Extreme left: '66 Fender Jazzmaster...lots of sentimental value with this one, named her "Rita Mae" after the Clapton tune. Birthday present from my late Mom when I was 19 years old and drooling over it for a full month at the local dealer. She served as the main guitar for the funky ol' Instro Surf band who's name graces the drum set.

Extreme right: '63 Fender Jaguar, matching 3-color sunburst, bought a couple years later to augment the trad Fender surf sound for the band...picked this up from Norm's Rare Guitars in Reseda, Norm told me it was previously owned by Trini Lopez, not sure about that...never heard Trini play "Pipeline" anyway...nor "Banzai Washout"....

Inside left: Yur basic El-Cheazo Beater Strat. Picked up on sale at Baseline Music in San Berdoo for $149 back in the late 80's. Swapped the "Squier" neck with maple fretboard for a real unfinished Fender Strat neck that I finished & mounted, replaced the lead pickup with a cool little DiMarzio humbucker, and a little mini-toggle down by the lead tone knob...and cool rubber knobs to ditch the stockers. Probably the last time this thing was in it's case was when we last moved!

In back (on the very fancy drum seat): Standard inexpensive Yamaha Classical (G-231) since that's the style I started out with, thanks to Mel Bay. Had this one since college (early 80's) and it has the distinction of being the only guitar that's paid for itself, thanks to a friend's fiancee's Dad being a lawyer who was throwing a formal party to celebrate the opening of a new law office and who wanted some "atmosphere" music for their cocktail party. OK, so all I did was sit in the corner, drinking free Greyhounds, and played guitar for 3 hours without a cigarette...but, they insisted on paying me scale (!!!!) even though I ran out of material after about 45 minutes. When I dug a pick out of my pocket and resorted to improvised surf-classical no one even noticed (I don't think - I may have been drunk at the time). I remember this old guy stops his conversation with this ol' lady in pearls to turn around and give me the ol' highbrow appreciative nod right after I whipped out the intro to "Rumble at Waikiki"....I think he was convinced it was an unpublished Segovia piece....or maybe he probably had the orginal '45 by the Surfaris in his colleciton at home...

Inside Right: Fender/Squire "Master Series" M-80, truly is my very first, brand-spanking-new never-been-owned-by-anyone else REALLY NICE Eee-lectrical guitar - solid neck, Seymour Duncans, platinum hardware, hardtail (odd not having a tremolo but I like it). Has all the right touches and is very versatile. Christmas present from my wife and son just this last Xmas, and a very comfortable and just plain FUN little hot rod!

On left, Ampeg SS70 amp. Sadly, bought as a very inferior cheap replacement for my '65 blackface Super Reverb, which a buddy borrowed....and...yeah you guessed it......loaned to his buddy for an evening.....never to be seen again. Slowly, I squeezed his skull.......

Foreground....my ol' 60-somethng ('64 or '65) Fender Reverb unit....man has this thing been kicked and beat around (kicked for sure, at least once for every time we played Wipeout)!! Needs a new 6V6 tube (just has one I think) and needs a cap job pretty badly. Actually needs to be replaced with a reissue tweed unit.....yeah....and a new Hot Rod Deville tube amp....

The drumset...well......I was the only one in the band with a job (usually) at the time, so yeah I bought it. It actually traveled around a bit (why the head was never changed, I'll never know!) before it ended up getting shipped back to me eventually...keepin' it around in case a dire need arises for a surf band in Virginia.

Oh yeah the oddball orange thingy.....anyone know what it is? Smile

#26: Re: Guitar Tab Sites Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:54 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy

Oh yeah the oddball orange thingy.....anyone know what it is? Smile

Something George Harrison forgot to take take with him Laughing

Geez Stoopy looks like your running a pawn shop. Some nice instruments there. Especially dig the 63 Jaguar.

Norms huh, great place. Only had the chance to go in there once with a friend many moons ago.

#27: Re: Guitar Tab Sites Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:50 am
    ----
Thanks bud! Yeah it does look a bit junky, I know...they deserve a better gallery but they're also safe in their cases down in my basement, next to my stereo and my old LP's, which comes in handy when it's time to get energized. Would you believe that Jag was only $400 when I bought it at Norm's in the early 80's? At least I remember that being the price.

You can't hardly tell from the pic but it's still strung with some surf-sty'le heavies. Starting with a .14 to a wound third and a .60 on top. Still, the oddball pickups they put in Jags don't seem to have a lot of poop to 'em. The Jazzmaster though, when strung with those, with that long-scale neck and soap bar pickups, has a beautiful, booming, big bad BOSS voice it sings with, just an incredible tone. She has lighter strings now and seriously needs a fret job - they both do.

That ugly thing... George Harrison...LMAO! Neither George or Ravi Shankar would want anything to do with it.... it's called (according to the label) a "Troholipee" or "Beach Guitar".....although I never saw one at the beach in all my years. It's essentially a ridiculously exaggerated Ukelele that's all but untunable due to the oversize pegs. Gift from one of the Del Quad fans (our other fan bought something for the drummer).

Dig your Tele, as always!! Hey you know, one thing we could try is getting together on Teamspeak and setting the mic levels real high, and we could do a live 3-hour Tex-Mex/Blues/Surf/Junior Brown/Jazz Odyssey-exploration thing during one of the Com-C Sunday Flights.....get banned from the boards here probably even...

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:38 pm; edited 5 times in total

#28: Re: Guitar Tab Sites Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:52 am
    ----
- Jeffrey_Button
Here is my baby. It's a G.Burton electric bass four string. Mr. Green

Jeffrey! Dude!!!! Really cool bass! Very stoked to see you picking up that instrument. Bass players get stuff movin'....shake the Earth......and make the girl's knees tremble even if they're a block away!!!

Keep at it, dude!!!!

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

#29: Re: Guitar Tab Sites Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:03 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
our other fan bought something for the drummer
LOL

#30: Re: Guitar Tab Sites Author: Hangman PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:13 pm
    ----
sweet collection you got the Stoop...I'd place abet the Jazzmaster & Jag would probably fetch just a bit more than you paid for them...but their sentimental value can never be replaced...

-> Officer's Club