Northwest B.C. Terrain Mesh M A D N E S S ! !
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> FS2004

#16: Re: Northwest B.C. Terrain Mesh M A D N E S S ! ! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:30 pm
    ----
OK, Guineau pigs!

The EZ-Install for the British Columbia / Northwest terrain mesh is here:
216.176.86.154/jg300/EZ-BC_Mesh.zip

It was about a one-hour upload, and then I downloaded it and ran it one more time as a checkout (to make sure nuthin' got corrupted).....took about an hour for that too, so kick it off when ya got time! But, hey....beats crawling through all the readmes and moving all the files around 6 times over from each of the original sourcce downloads.

And, to save a little time, a ZIP file wth some quickie flights set up at 6 different airfields within the various merged areas:
216.176.86.154/jg300/B...Flites.zip

Just unzip the flights to the Flight Simulator 9 folder in your "My Documents" folder, and they'll be accessible from FS9's 'Select A Flight" menu.

I'd suggets, get the flights first, then go fly them while the big download is going......then when you get the new mesh installed, the comparison should be pretty striking.

Good luck and lookin forward to some pics!

#17: Re: Northwest B.C. Terrain Mesh M A D N E S S ! ! Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:08 pm
    ----
about the pig sty being un-affected by the scenery its because in his readme file he mentioned that the scenery ends just before Orcas Island....

#18: Re: Northwest B.C. Terrain Mesh M A D N E S S ! ! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:56 pm
    ----

Muchas Gracias Señor Stoopy !!

I'l be getting it later on today.

.......of to .........work Sad

fled
Mr. Green

#19: Re: Northwest B.C. Terrain Mesh M A D N E S S ! ! Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:29 pm
    ----
Okay,,,,,just to show a little more,,,,,,I took some screenies today while flying around my home town of Golden B.C.,,,,CYGE,,,well actually,,,,,I flew to the exact location of my actual residence at that time and took these pics.....coulda done lots more but I think these will do anyways

One thing I'd like to mention ,,,,,,is hard to get a good idea of these photos done with a 35mm camera,,,,,but Golden's elavation is around 4600ft above sea level,,,at the top of the ski hill,,,which is on the Purcell mtn range its about 8200 feet,,,,,its actually much grander with your own eyes,,,,thats over 5 miles as the crow flies from point of pic to ski hill

if you look you will see the ski hill in background,,,,,just for the record,,,,,this is the champagne powder capital of the world for you skiiers,,,the bugaboos heliskiing area is actually on the other side of this range......in the scenery mesh you actually see the pic of that skiier,,,,havent found him yet though,,,prolly in the trees smoking a joint.....

Well this pic isnt to show the detail really but just to kinda show-off a bit that I used to have bighorns hangin out outside my front window,,,,,is exactly the same view though.....without the fence of course,,,why he never put it there is beyond me,,,I guess Ill need to learn how to do terrain meshes huh......

#20: Re: Northwest B.C. Terrain Mesh M A D N E S S ! ! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:53 pm
    ----
Shocked

oi ! fella's be carefull posting piccie's like that with those longhorned Rams, bushy will topple over when Dolly (his shag sheep) will get wind of it , she'd be of to that area ! Laughing

Great pics btw ! Wink

fled
Mr. Green

#21: Re: Northwest B.C. Terrain Mesh M A D N E S S ! ! Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:09 am
    ----
Okay,,,,I'm ba'a'a'a'a'a'dd,,,,just hafta see where this will go though,,,,,if this is working I gotta pile more too,,,,

#22: Re: Northwest B.C. Terrain Mesh M A D N E S S ! ! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:26 am
    ----
Laughing

rotflmao!!

great stuff keep 'm coming ! Laughing

#23: Re: Northwest B.C. Terrain Mesh M A D N E S S ! ! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:40 pm
    ----
Really nice mountians you have up there Hoppa. I knew there were some in Texas but haven't been able to get that far north of Amarillo Cool
The scenery mesh is great and thanks Stoopy for the easy install!!! Mr. Green Mr. Green

#24: Re: Northwest B.C. Terrain Mesh M A D N E S S ! ! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:42 pm
    ----
1Bullet, you downloaded and installed it? Been fervently waiting for some feedback from any willing guineau pig......work good for you did it?

#25: Re: Northwest B.C. Terrain Mesh M A D N E S S ! ! Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:43 am
    ----
Gee Bullet,,,,,I could absolutely nuts with my pics of back home,,,,,,but I'll save that for another day,,,lol,,,,,those mountains there are actually foothills in comparison to what is behind them,,,,,and that is facing west,into the Purcells ,,if I spun the cam around and faced east,,,,,,youd be looking into the rockies,,,,,,,,and thats a whole other story,,twice as big,,not even an hours drive from town into the rockies and you are into the Clemenceau icefield......glaciers covering mountains for hundreds of miles,,,,,kinda like the ice age but,,,,,,not,,,lol,,,,,,,,,

I have seen flatlander canadians hit this part of the country for the first time and just been absolutely dumbfounded at the sight of these mountains,,,,,,,they usually reply,,,,,,,,,,,holy crap,,,,,,never thought they were this big.....lol......is really something you need to experience first hand though,,,,hopefully one day youll make it too this part of texas,,,,,and hey,,,,,,,no fire ants or them pesky armadillos,,,,,,,,,

I'm as good a guide as they get too,,,,,none of that tourist junk here,,,,,,pure backwoods nature only is what I can offer.....

#26: Re: Northwest B.C. Terrain Mesh M A D N E S S ! ! Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:25 pm
    ----
Doing the download now and it sure looks like fun,thanks a pile stoopy! Some nice pics there Hoppa makes me sure miss the mountains.

#27: Re: Northwest B.C. Terrain Mesh M A D N E S S ! ! Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:52 pm
    ----
Kind of looks like my birth state, Wyoming. The western half is all Rocky Mountains. I yearn to be there now. I used to step out th back door and see mountains just like them. MMmmmmm! And I'll leave the woolies for Jel, Bushy and the other sheepish guys. Smile Razz Laughing

#28: Re: Northwest B.C. Terrain Mesh M A D N E S S ! ! Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:02 pm
    ----
I do know where your coming from wingnut,,,,,I left that for the flatlands of central Alberta,,,,where snow in may is pretty much accepted,,,back home in the same month you could find lots of snow but youd hafta goto the top of them thar hills......i do miss my little home in the mountains but I must say,,,,,,I live in a very rich province that has no debt and I dont know anybody,,,,so its a fresh start for me from my ,,,,well,,,lets ssay sinister past,,,,, Twisted Evil

#29: Re: Northwest B.C. Terrain Mesh M A D N E S S ! ! Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:23 pm
    ----
Hey Wingnut, Wyoming is my birth state too!! Casper is the place. 1956

-> FS2004