Com Central Scenery vs Others?
-> FS2004

#1: Com Central Scenery vs Others? Author: BooRayLocation: Des Moines, IA PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:19 pm
    ----
Quick question regarding the EZ install scenery by Fled. What type of textures and scenery files are installed with this and what areas are impacted? I did the EZ install and didnt look at what was installed.

Will it conflict with other scenery packages like Genesis and others. There are some texture files available for trees, clouds, night, water as well that I had before. Also, the Airport Environment Upgrade 7.0 is on my hard drive and I have yet to load it with my other popular files in fear of overwriting and conflict.

Looking to get the most of my FS9 for FPS utilization and smoothness. One area that I remember was to install updated texture files and scenery packages.

#2: Re: Com Central Scenery vs Others? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:00 pm
    ----
Hi BooRay,

What we compiled for the envi pack is thoroughly tested and checked for the less possible hit on frame rates, when you have read the read me I stated that to forecome any dissapointments, to make a backup of your existing texture folder and also of your existing scenery/world/texture folder, this when one wouldn't like the adaptations we have made he could revert to his original set.

Having said this, every proggy that is out there with scenery enhancements or adaptations will influence, read change your texture files, if it wern't doing that it would be a big scam, so there allways will be the choice of what to install and where and or change them.

This choice is solely up to the user of the files, personal tastes differ and we can only go from what we have expirienced during our testing of the various variants we had created before, at the end of the day the package as is available now is what was the most liked cross section of all tested.

Also in the equation comes the vidcard your using and what puter your running, I specified in the readme what system I have running here and that the implemented settings where the ones that gave me the smoothest ride on my system, this does not imply that this settings are valid for all, one needs to do some tweaking to get the ultimate for his personal taste and also in accordance with the hardware he has at his disposal.

I'll gladly get on TS with you and walk through with you all the options that are available, and I can tell you on forehand that to say there are "a few" is a small understatement.

Also when the envi pack is installed and you would like to add your personal preffered items like the mentioned ones you are free to do so, when you don't like the result, re-run the envipack and it's back in shape.

fled

#3: Re: Com Central Scenery vs Others? Author: BooRayLocation: Des Moines, IA PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:44 pm
    ----
I installed your upgrade and am sure I will be happy with it. I mirrored the settings that you had on the readme as well and will be tweaking accordingly

Question was derived more for the Airport Enviroment upgrades and i will read the readme's for detailed information, back everything up and change if I dont like it.

#4: Re: Com Central Scenery vs Others? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:33 pm
    ----

As said BooRay, whenevr you feel the urge to talk about this, no problem and I'm allways open to suggestions for improvement Smile

fled
Smile

#5: Re: Com Central Scenery vs Others? Author: BooRayLocation: Des Moines, IA PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:17 pm
    ----
Fled, thanks for the offer and I am going to take you up on your offer soon. I have TS loaded and working now and hope to see you online before long.

Need to get my multi player servers loaded and compiling that list.

Last night flew the Lockheed Constallation on a 300 mile journey. Getting used to all the commands and settings again is a challenge. Managed to fly VOR-VOR with little trouble but admit that GPS came in handy a few times. Tried an ILS approach during the night as well but came in 4000 feet to high so I entered right traffic and did a visual approach only to touch down a little off center and clip my wing tip on the runway, thus ending the flight in a fiery furball.

#6: Re: Com Central Scenery vs Others? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:20 pm
    ----

practise, practise and practise again Wink

fled

-> FS2004