cut in half centurian
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: cut in half centurian Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:37 am
    ----
- C_Sherman
I saw an interesting cut-away at the ex-Yugoslav Tank School in Banja Luka, Bosnia*. They had a M84 (I think) tank that had been skeletonized so you could see the insides of nearly every part of the tank. They had hooked up some sort of power source so the auto-loader worked as intended, which was a noisy clanging thing that looked dangerous as hell in operation. They were very proud of it, and the NCO in charge looked pleased as punch to have us there looking at it.

C

* Actually it is in the Republika Srpska, but screw them. It was all Bosnia before, and eventually will be again. If the racist pricks want to pretend at having their own country, they can do it without my support!

Mr. Green

Now, Now,.... Be nice. ( Actually, after spending 223 days of a "179 day" deployment in SFOR 5, back in 1999, I totally agree with your sentiment.)

Don

#17: Re: cut in half centurian Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:40 am
    ----
- Garry_Redmon
they used to have a cut-away M-47 on display
Is it no longer out? Sad

#18: Re: cut in half centurian Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:20 pm
    ----
No, it's been removed from the museum to make room for improvements. The post-war gallery has been updated with the vehicles moved away from the walls so that visitors can walk around them and murals by Armor Magazine artist Jody Harmon have been mounted on the walls. The volunteers have also been increasing the lighting so the museum is much brighter. The post-war gallery is much improved now, though I miss the M-47.

One problem is that since all of the museum's storage space has been "requisitioned", the M-47 has to sit outside the motor pool, though it is covered with tarp. Sad

#19: Re: cut in half centurian Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:00 pm
    ----
I heard about the improvements (and will see them in May), but I didn't realize they were removing that tank. It was a great exhibit for a museum. Sad

-> AFV News Discussion Board