Ordnance Museum photo collection?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Ordnance Museum photo collection? Author: JohnPrigentLocation: Sussex, UK PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:49 am
    ----
I have just discovered that James S Corum's book The Roots Of Blitzkrieg includes photos credited to "US Army Ordnance Museum, Aberdeen Proving Ground". It's not exactly a recent book, published in 1994 I think, so can anyone tell me if the Museum still has a photo archive and if there's an online search facility for it or some other way of asking about its contents? There's no way I can get to APG from Merry Olde England to look for myself, so any help will be much appreciated!

Cheers

John

#2: Re: Ordnance Museum photo collection? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:33 am
    ----
The Ordnance Museum does have a lot of files - folders on each item in its collection. The folders do include various photos. However, we're talking actual hardcopies of course - nothing digitized. If you contact the museum they may be able to help you - use the "Contact the Museum" button.

www.ordmusfound.org/

Neil

#3: Re: Ordnance Museum photo collection? Author: JohnPrigentLocation: Sussex, UK PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:46 am
    ----
Thanks Neil I will follow up when the copy that I ordered of the book arrives here.

Cheers

John

-> AFV News Discussion Board