DUKW-353 at Ft Eustis
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: DUKW-353 at Ft Eustis Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:51 am
    ----
[img][/img][img][/img]
This DUKW is on display indoors. There is another outside that is real nice as well, that is undercover so at least the sun and rain don't get on it. I haven't photographed it yet, but it will be on here before I leave Eustis.

#2: Re: DUKW-353 at Ft Eustis Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:57 am
    ----
On the plaque it says: "design an amphibious vehicle larger than the Seep that could move supplies directly from the ships to shore."

"Seep"?

Any help with that?

#3: Re: DUKW-353 at Ft Eustis Author: Cloudy PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:39 am
    ----
- Jinx
On the plaque it says: "design an amphibious vehicle larger than the Seep that could move supplies directly from the ships to shore."

"Seep"?

Any help with that?

I think that this was a nickname for the GPA amphibious jeep - not 100% sure though.

#4: Re: DUKW-353 at Ft Eustis Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:33 am
    ----
- Cloudy
- Jinx

"Seep"?

Any help with that?

I think that this was a nickname for the GPA amphibious jeep - not 100% sure though.

Hi Cloudy! Hi Folks!

Seep = GPA jeep

Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

#5: Re: DUKW-353 at Ft Eustis Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:46 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
- Cloudy
- Jinx

"Seep"?

Any help with that?

Hi Cloudy! Hi Folks!

Seep = GPA jeep

Sgt, Scouts Out! Smile

Excellent. Thank you. I figured it was either a misspelling or some kind of "sea jeep" that i had never heard of before.....and it was the latter!

(Not a great name for a vehicle that's supposed to go in the water, though.....)

#6: Re: DUKW-353 at Ft Eustis Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:15 pm
    ----
From what I've read about the amphib Jeep it may be appropriate. The reserve bouyancy on that vehicle was calculated very closely. If the tires were flat it would not float!

-> AFV News Discussion Board