Visited the VA Air / Space Museum...
-> Officer's Club

#1: Visited the VA Air / Space Museum... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:53 pm
    ----
[img][/img]
Hello to all, while here ate Ft Eustis, I recently visited the VA Air and Space Museum. If anyone has any requests to see the aircraft I list below, let me know and I'll share them. I have about 38 pictures of the following aircraft;
F4E Phantom.
XV-6A Hawker Restal (Harrier)
YF-16
P39 Aerocobra
F104C Starfighter
F84F Thubderstreak
F106B Delta Dart
UH-1M
F18 HARV
Apollo 12 Command Module
PT17 Stearman
J3 Piper Cub
AA1 Gruman Yankee
Skystar Kitfox
B24 Liberator
Schleicher ASW-12
Rutan Variease
I'll be out of the loop from the 10th thru the 16th of April. But requests will be honored once I'm back.

#2: Re: Visited the VA Air / Space Museum... Author: Uhu_MAINEiacLocation: North Carolina, USA PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:47 pm
    ----
P39 Aerocobra!

Please?

#3: Re: Visited the VA Air / Space Museum... Author: Jeffrey_ButtonLocation: Killeen,Tx PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:47 pm
    ----
Hey,dad. You misspelled at. love you. Mr. Green

#4: Re: Visited the VA Air / Space Museum... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:40 pm
    ----
The P39 picture didn't turn-out. It was hung the highest in the building, right against the windows and the picture came out all white. Sorry, I hope I didn't get your hopes up.

#5: Re: Visited the VA Air / Space Museum... Author: Uhu_Deenee PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:26 am
    ----
Heh Jeff - did the one of the Phantom come out? I know there were bucket loads made, but still a favourite!

Thanks in drooling anticipation...

Houdini

#6: Re: Visited the VA Air / Space Museum... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:16 pm
    ----
I'll take the UH-1M, if you don't mind

#7: Re: Visited the VA Air / Space Museum... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:48 am
    ----
[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
Sorry it took so long to reply to your requests. I didn't forget you all, but I had a family emergency in Ohio and went there for 4 days from Ft Eustis. Here is what I have on the Phantom, and you can see the UH-1 hanging as well. The Huey had no tail number or serial numbers painted on it. However it's history was listed as being an UH-1M that flew with the Puerto Rico NG till 1988. It was originally a UH-1C gunship with 135th Assault Helo Co., in Oct 1967.
The Phantom is an F-4E II model, tail number 67392. It had two soviet MIG kills. The crew was MAJ Luke Lucas and LT Doug Mallory.

#8: Re: Visited the VA Air / Space Museum... Author: Sabre45Location: West Texas PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:42 am
    ----
Hi Jeff!

Thanks for the great photos ~S~.

Love the way those aircraft are hanging up in the air. Almost like they are in flight.

#9: Re: Visited the VA Air / Space Museum... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:11 am
    ----
Great pics Jeff!! Thanks!

#10: Re: Visited the VA Air / Space Museum... Author: Uhu_Deenee PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:37 pm
    ----
Thanks Jeff!! Looks like a museum worth a visit!

H

#11: Re: Visited the VA Air / Space Museum... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:04 pm
    ----
I have some other pretty cool shots I'll try and get on here as well within the week.

#12: Re: Visited the VA Air / Space Museum... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:27 am
    ----
Thanks for sharing Jeff.

-> Officer's Club