Runtime Error
-> Software

#1: Runtime Error Author: Hangman PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:49 pm
    ----
My neighbors PC's IE Explorer will not launch or connect to the internet. Every attemp results in a runtime error. I can connect through media player so I know the connection works. There seems to be an issue with explorer itself and since I can't connect with it I can't repair it. Any ideas??

#2: Re: Runtime Error Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:37 am
    ----
Did you try reinstalling IE?

Did you try installing FireFox? (Which is better anyway)...:wink:

#3: Re: Runtime Error Author: Hangman PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:36 pm
    ----
got it..did some searching last night & believe it or not the cause was the google toolbar...simply removing it was all it took...thx for the response Busy!

#4: Re: Runtime Error Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:45 pm
    ----
Wink I would still use FireFox...lol

#5: Re: Runtime Error Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:02 pm
    ----
Never, never, never, install those darned toolbars.
Nothing but adware and spam magnets.
Apart from the conflicts they cause.

I'm using Maxthon btw (pronounced 'Mackston').
Personally, I don't like Firefox but Maxthon is like a cross between it and IE but built on the IE engine.
You can customise it to look and act like Fox, IE or something else entirely, and it doesn't have the security issues of IE.

#6: Re: Runtime Error Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:07 pm
    ----
Hmm...never heard of that one Shades. I also use Opera now and again, but it's hard to beat the Open Source add-on's for FireFox...

#7: Re: Runtime Error Author: Hangman PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:21 am
    ----
thats why I stay away from them too..I hate toolbars on IE....they're a bi*** to get rid of them once you get them too..luckily google is one of the easier ones...but it wasn't my pc so I had no control over it getting there...matter of fact I realized I had a virus the other day when a toolbar popped up on my explorer..real nasty one too..took me all day to get rid of the virus..think it was "Zbot" or something like that...the root of it is an item that shows up in your processes when you hit "ctl+alt+del"..if you have something in there that says "mssearch.exe" you need to get rid of it but it won't be easy..anyway I'm rambling..lol

#8: Re: Runtime Error Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:43 am
    ----

www.spreadfirefox.com/...1&t=54

(shamless plug)...:D

-> Software