Three Official Addons To Be Released
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: Three Official Addons To Be Released Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:14 pm
    ----
Oleg Maddox: If we only would able, we would make some additional plane into Pe-2 add-on... At the time it was decided to go on the western market to add something there was already too late... Say some new fighters or modifications of existed for the interest of fighter's groups.

However we have added a lot more in the folowing Sturmoviks Over Manchuria (there is several flaybel aircraft, not only Il-10) and action takes over Germany, Manchuria and probably Japan.

Also in the 3rd add-on originallywas planned only Russian experiemental and small series production aircraft from 1942 to 1946. It was called VVS 46. But using the time before the release we ordered to make in additional several more as Soviet as German aircaft.
I can say that except one or maybe two planes there - there were no one present on the market in any previous sims. Be sure. You will be very impressed.

As for these who don't like to buy Pe-2 now.... They may continue to play 4.04 version online. But I'm sure with the price for the add-on it will be popular anyway in time.

Also, these new add-ons all are with the good set of missions that are interesting even just to watch in the mode of Autopilot! Be sure! They are way more interesting for the single player than to play dynamic campaigns. They are all with the spirit of war and modelled manually.

And judging from what I have read in other posts, there are three addons.

1) Pe-2 Addon which has alread gone gold in Russia and should go gold in English in a few days. It contains:

4 modifications of Pe-2
2 modifications of Pe-3
15 new objects: AAA, Heavy artillery and ground units.
4 new static campaigns for VVS (95 Missions) based on real encounters.
66 skins
8 B/W movies.

2) IL-10 Sturmoviks of Manchuria

3) VVS 1946-an expansionary "what if" addon.

All of these are hoped to be released my mid 2006, and are not compatible with IL2/AEP/PF 4.04. You have to buy the expansions if you want to play with the people who have the expansions installed.

Every expansion that is released will have the previous expansion included. For example, Pe-2 addon contains just the Pe-2 addon. IL-10 includes Pe-2, and VVS 1946 contains Pe-2 and IL-10 addons.

Things can change but the English Pe-2 should be released April 17th.

#2: Re: Three Official Addons To Be Released Author: RM_bizkidLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:12 pm
    ----
These are welcomed add-ons by many enthusiasts.

I do however believe this is going to present problems with on-line play. Most of the HL games are dogfight maps and co-ops which until now, all patches and add-ons have been compatible.

These are the current add-ons which were primarily mission/maps without new planes/cockpits which have not affected the version level.

Operation Barbarossa
Battle Over Europe
Case Blue
The Last Days
Banzai
Combat Over Europe
Aces Campaigns
Ostfront
Rebirth of Honor
Wings Over Waves
Wings Over Jungles

There are many who play only off-line only and this will obviously not be an issue.

Online Hyperlobby FB play is currently is version 4.04 merged with the odd server being PF only or the original FB/AEP. I believe the compatibility issue will not have a positive effect. It is unfortunate that the sim does not permit selected planes for compatibility, such as CFS 3. To look at it logically, there will now be six FB versions for on-line play. You can form your own opinions as to how this will be received.

Most that play IL2/FB/PF are patiently waiting for Madox's, Battle of Britain which should be out....sometime Laughing .

In the end, I suggest it may be the "Majority Rules" as to the future patch up status and purchase of the add-ons. I for one would not hesitate to purchase the add-ons, but would seriously regret it, if I found that I was very limited to the HL servers I could enter.

Again, this is only one player’s opinion.

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters