LVTH-6 : photos of hull top and turret top needed.
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: LVTH-6 : photos of hull top and turret top needed. Author: Christophe_Jacquemont PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:55 pm
    ----
Hi all,

The LVTH-6 is the LVTP5 version with a 105mm howitzer turret.

I really need photos of the top of the turret, and some hull top pics as well.

It's for a modelling project.

Many thanks in advance for your help! Smile

Christophe

#2: Re: LVTH-6 : photos of hull top and turret top needed. Author: oldtop PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:46 am
    ----
Its the same turret mounted on river monitors used in Nam by the brown water navy.

#3: Re: LVTH-6 : photos of hull top and turret top needed. Author: oldtop PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:56 am
    ----
This is as close as I can get to what you want

#4: Re: LVTH-6 : photos of hull top and turret top needed. Author: 68BarracudaLocation: Ridgecrest Ca. (China Lake NAWC) PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:45 am
    ----
Well I know where a whole bunch of those big critters are....getting a photo of 'em is the hard part. Restricted area and all that. Rolling Eyes

#5: Re: LVTH-6 : photos of hull top and turret top needed. Author: Christophe_Jacquemont PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:09 am
    ----
- 68Barracuda
Well I know where a whole bunch of those big critters are....getting a photo of 'em is the hard part. Restricted area and all that. Rolling Eyes

You mean Camp Pendleton? I photographed one many years ago but only general shots, didn't dare climb on it, now I regret it! Crying or Very sad

Cheers,
Christophe

#6: Re: LVTH-6 : photos of hull top and turret top needed. Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:47 am
    ----
- 68Barracuda

Rob

I used to have quite a few of the LVT 'fields', but have long since lost them.

We have an LVT here, but not the turreted version.

Don

#7: Re: LVTH-6 : photos of hull top and turret top needed. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:06 pm
    ----
There are pics and a very decent video with 360 views at the Filipino IPMS website (and in that sexy urban camo paint!). Might be something to be gained from viewing that:

www.ipmsphilippines.co...h6bong.htm

#8: Re: LVTH-6 : photos of hull top and turret top needed. Author: 68BarracudaLocation: Ridgecrest Ca. (China Lake NAWC) PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:15 pm
    ----
I recently lost several ZIP disks with all my Ontos, LVTH-6, DUKW, and lots of blowed up stuff....never store anything on one of those again that's for sure! there's about 10 -6's out there...several could be runners with some work. All complete, with 105's intact. Minor frag damage is about it on most. One was modified with a raised camera platform.

#9: Re: LVTH-6 : photos of hull top and turret top needed. Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:26 pm
    ----
- 68Barracuda
I recently lost several ZIP disks with all my Ontos, LVTH-6, DUKW, and lots of blowed up stuff....never store anything on one of those again that's for sure! there's about 10 -6's out there...several could be runners with some work. All complete, with 105's intact. Minor frag damage is about it on most. One was modified with a raised camera platform.

Be careful what you put on CD-Rs also. They begin deterorating in 3-5 years. If you are storing photos/data on them it is best to download them to disk and reburn them in the 2.5-3 year point. I am not sure about home burnt DVDs yet but suspect the same thing for them. Factory burnt CDs/DVDs will last much longer. It all has to do with the differences in the laser and the media used. A friend had begun consolidating information on older CDs onto DVDs. He figures in 3 years or so he will move that information to whatever the newer mainstream media is. Some of his files have gone from old DEC cartridge tapes to 8mm tapes to CD and now to DVD

#10: Re: LVTH-6 : photos of hull top and turret top needed. Author: JinxLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:34 pm
    ----
Be sure to store any recorded media - CDs, DVDs, floppies, tapes, and whatever else - in a cool, dry location, and handle them as little as possible. If you live in a warm, humid place.....well, that is toxic to the poor things.

I wonder if the latest formulations for recordable discs are any better than what was common 5 - 6 years ago. Because some of my older CDs are starting to get a bit "iffy".

Re-recording them every few years definitely sounds like a good plan. And making multiple copies of each disc wouldn't be a bad idea, either. Discs are cheap. Your memories aren't.

#11: Re: LVTH-6 : photos of hull top and turret top needed. Author: Cloudy PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:55 pm
    ----
No shots of the top I think but here's another site:

www.primeportal.net/ap..._sy/lvtp6/

#12: Re: LVTH-6 : photos of hull top and turret top needed. Author: KenEstes PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:50 pm
    ----
Bare bones sketch, but I think to scale; from the FMFM 9-3. Ken

#13: Re: LVTH-6 : photos of hull top and turret top needed. Author: Christophe_Jacquemont PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:05 am
    ----
Thank you all for the help!

Ken, somebody sent me some 1/72th scale drawings from a French modelling magazine, but the dimensions in your sketch will be most useful!.

Do you actually have that TM? I wonder it there are clear pictures of the top not shown in Hunnicutt's Bradley book which I just found also has a very clear top photo on page 341.

Cheers,
Christophe

#14: Re: LVTH-6 : photos of hull top and turret top needed. Author: Christophe_Jacquemont PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:09 am
    ----
And the version I want to model is actually the LVTH6-A1.

Cheers,
Christophe

#15: Re: LVTH-6 : photos of hull top and turret top needed. Author: oldtop PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:14 am
    ----
What changes are you looking for in the LVTH6-A1?

-> AFV News Discussion Board