Here dere youse guys!! (Newby Alert!!!)
-> Officer's Club

#1: Here dere youse guys!! (Newby Alert!!!) Author: Maple_One PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:08 pm
    ----
Hey Stoopy!!
Hey EXOS!!
Hey Guys!!

"Ah'm here, ah'm here! Let the bells ring out and the banners fly! It's too good to be true, but ah'm here!!!"
-WB Genie-

I'm working on having the Firepower Addon - should have it soon. Got CFS3 all installated. I WANNA KILL SUMPTIN!!

-Maple One-

#2: Re: Here dere youse guys!! (Newby Alert!!!) Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:21 pm
    ----
Laughing

Welcome to Com-Central Maple_One !

I see you're looking for some cannon fodder Wink

Well I think the Sau's are gonna take you up on that one

just make shure you have :

a. plenty of ammo
b. A VERY BIG STEEL PLATE attaced under and aft of your seat Laughing

I'm shure they'll give ya a run fer your money !!:D

fled

#3: Re: Here dere youse guys!! (Newby Alert!!!) Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:22 pm
    ----
WOW!!!! DUDE!!!! You MADE IT!!!

Excellent to see you !!

(Folks...Maple One is a PROPS racer of some reknown and a HECKUVA nice guy!!.....please give him a warm Com-C welcome!)

Doggone it, I don't have Firepower (some others here do) and when's good to make some bloodshed???

#4: Re: Here dere youse guys!! (Newby Alert!!!) Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:48 pm
    ----
Howdy!!!

Welcome to CC! The only way to fly!!!

(what a slogan)

#5: Re: Here dere youse guys!! (Newby Alert!!!) Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:04 pm
    ----
Neva tried Props racin (don't even know whut it is, lol) but, if the Sau's say u ok, welcome.
Smile

#6: Re: Here dere youse guys!! (Newby Alert!!!) Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:39 pm
    ----
HIya Maple_One!!! Good to see you made it over from PROPS... Wink Cool Mr. Green

#7: Re: Here dere youse guys!! (Newby Alert!!!) Author: Maple_One PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:31 pm
    ----
Stoopy,
You said something about some tweaks to maximized my mayhem enjoyment Cool ...

Lay 'em on me!!

***Top Secret***

-Maple One-

#8: Re: Here dere youse guys!! (Newby Alert!!!) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:30 pm
    ----
<Overtaken by events>

Last edited by Doug_Kibbey on Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: Here dere youse guys!! (Newby Alert!!!) Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:49 pm
    ----
HEy, on the "tweaks"... two things:

First.... here at Com-C there's a fair amount of us FS/CFS enthusiasts and we have a pretty good crew that likes to take legit freeware - with permission where it is given - and package these freeware add-ons into easier installation files. So, one thing that's new in the download section is something called the "Environment Pack" which has what we think are the best freeware, distributable replacement textures for water, sun, moon, lights, all that.

Anyways... some of us have noticed that we get some stutters and slight pauses on the PROPS courses, and after some experimentation (on my part, becuase I was the one with this problem) it seemed that going back to the default textures got rid of this problem. So we put together another package with a quick tool (batch file) that will swap these textures out - quickly and easily - with the default (although blander) stock textures. It seemed to help me, and it very well could be my imagination but I think I picked up some speed on my lap times by going back to the default textures. It kinda makes sense when you think about the cumulative effect of small, micro-second stutters over the course of 5 laps.

It's still in BETA as far as the package and installer goes (I just finished the readme) and we should have it available soon. But it's only an advantage if you have the same problem, and only serves to get some of us heavily-modified folks into a "weight loss" program of sorts so we can get back into lean, trim racin' condition!

If you visit the PROPS forum at WestCast ATC you'll notice a post by me a whle back about this problem and how I cured it, and them's the details. If ya want, we'll gladly make a point to be sure you know when this is finished and available for download soon?

Second .............I will say that if you take a gander in the FS2004 forum here, there's a post (and link) to the VERY nice "FSManager" freeware tool that also does a great job of cleaning up your FS9 and getting it quickly tweaked for optimum performance. I also used this recently, and highly recommend it - I also put a link about it on the PROPS forum.

Those two things added together have gotten me into totally smooth-as-silk performance all the way around the course, and it's nice that now there are no lingering doubts that some installation or setup mod is holdin' me back.

#10: Re: Here dere youse guys!! (Newby Alert!!!) Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:36 am
    ----
Welcome Maple_One. To tweak CFS3 check out this link.

com-central.net/index....opic&t=118

lots of good info here. I just recently had to re-install my game(CFS3) and these tweaks really help.
Look forward to flying with ya.

-> Officer's Club