One install, multiple configurations!
-> FS2004

#1: One install, multiple configurations! Author: tomclayton PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:07 am
    ----
I thought of this after spotting the Multiple Installations thread...

Do you pull your sliders back for better performance during online flights? Now you don't need to! In your main FS9 folder, make a copy of the fs9.exe and rename it "Online FS" - or something like that. Send a shortcut to that file to your desktop. When you launch the new exe, it won't look for your original fs9.cfg, but instead it will look for a cfg file with the same name you gave the new file. Of course, it won't find it, so it will create a new one as if you were launching the program for the first time - which you are! If you have the [oldmodules] section in your fs9.cfg, you'll need to copy that over to the new cfg as well. Set all of your sliders for optimised performance online, and you're set. It will even read the same scenery.cfg as well, so there's no need to re-do that.

#2: Re: One install, multiple configurations! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:32 am
    ----
Cool

Gonna give it try when I get home later on today

I was allready toying with that idea but hadn't come round to try it out .......... yet Laughing

To much stuff going on here............. all them Racing stuff get's one pretty busy Rolling Eyes

Thankx for the HU Tom.

fled

#3: Re: One install, multiple configurations! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:28 am
    ----
Hi Tom! Thanks for the tips...:D

Yep, we're working on a program that should make that easier to do, but it's only in the planning stages at the moment.. Wink

-> FS2004