DONTOS-M551 Gunner!
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: DONTOS-M551 Gunner! Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:41 pm
    ----

#2: Re: DONTOS-M551 Gunner! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:55 pm
    ----
That smile (and those glasses) will disappear as soon as he pulls that trigger. Wink

#3: Re: DONTOS-M551 Gunner! Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:54 pm
    ----
Great pic!

#4: Re: DONTOS-M551 Gunner! Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:05 am
    ----
I was only holding the gunners power control handle as TW gave a quick class on 'nulling' the excessive drift out with his 'handie-dandie' jewelers screwdriver,...

Class was definitely in session today!

Thanks TW

Don

#5: Re: DONTOS-M551 Gunner! Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:39 am
    ----
Mr. Holloway,
You look familiar. Germany or NTC. Not sure. Hmmm.

Joe D

#6: Re: DONTOS-M551 Gunner! Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:21 am
    ----
- Joe_D
Mr. Holloway,
You look familiar. Germany or NTC. Not sure. Hmmm.

Joe D

Joe

The photo is me.... Mr. Green

Wearing my 1-409 squadron cap...... Mr. Green

Don

#7: Re: DONTOS-M551 Gunner! Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:24 am
    ----
That bloody well explains it. Duh!!! On that note, the Jim Beam gets put up.
Hey!!!!, you got caps!!!, I feel cheated.
Joe D

#8: Re: DONTOS-M551 Gunner! Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:33 am
    ----
Well, hit up one of the guys,....for $12 you can wear one of 'mine'. (I designed it. The hat, The squadron logo & the coin have my artistic hand in them... )

Guess I got that 'real cheesy' ability.

#9: Re: DONTOS-M551 Gunner! Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:01 am
    ----
Man,
That's a skill you needed to keep hidden or it got you doing all sorts of Non-tank things for the CSM or First Sgt. I always filled out "Tanking" as my hobbies and interests when filling out the welcome packet. Told my troops to keep those skills and computer skills quiet unless they wanted off a tank. Onc your a Senior NCO you can bust them out an shock folks.

Joe D

#10: Re: DONTOS-M551 Gunner! Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:08 am
    ----
Joe,

That's not me but I was at NTC and Germany.

Germany- C Troop 3/12 Cav 73-76

NTC- Boeing Services & Dyncorp, Tank-Automotive Mech 83-87
On rotations I worked with 'A' Company Armor

America's Most Wanted- 1988 to Present
Here's my pix:

#11: Re: DONTOS-M551 Gunner! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:24 pm
    ----
- MarkHolloway
Here's my pix:

You look younger than I'd imagined you. Laughing

#12: Re: DONTOS-M551 Gunner! Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:18 pm
    ----
- MarkHolloway

Here's my pix:

Well I must say that the plastic surgery improved your looks Smile

#13: Re: DONTOS-M551 Gunner! Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:41 pm
    ----
I'm guessing by the cleanliness and completeness of the interior, right down to the elbow flashlight in its mount, that this is a runner!?

#14: Re: DONTOS-M551 Gunner! Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:15 pm
    ----
They drove it in a parade last year I think. Seems to run fine. For added realism the flashlight has dead batteries. Wink

#15: Re: DONTOS-M551 Gunner! Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:51 pm
    ----
Dead Batteries!!!, I almost had beer come out my nose when I read that! Those BA30-30's dont have much of a life anyway. I actually have some of the old OD green "issue" batteries still laying around somewhere. Now every battery is just what you'd buy off the shelf in appearance.

-> AFV News Discussion Board