Tanks preserved as monument
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Tanks preserved as monument Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:34 am
    ----
Next tank monument from Poland:
T-34/76 model 1942 from Gdańsk ( in Gdańsk are 2 T-34/76 on monument)

This tank are located in Zwycięstwa street

#17: Re: Tanks preserved as monument Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:55 am
    ----
Are the roadwheels on the T34/76 mismatched? #2 & #3 on the right side and #2 on the Left side seem to be larger and a different pattern.

I've always liked the T34/76. Seems to me there are only a few examples left surviving. Many T34/85's, but then its probably still in service in some third world countries. Amazing longevity.

Great Photos, thanks Polar.
Don

#18: Re: Tanks preserved as monument Author: palic PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:01 pm
    ----
There is a T-34/76 preserved in Lešany, could be described as a "turtle shaped" turret (cast upper part)...
When speaking about the combination of wheels as seen above, this could happen and it worked without any special problems...

#19: Re: Tanks preserved as monument Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:52 am
    ----
Yes, this tank have few part from others tanks

In Poland we have 8 T-34/76 and 3 are preserved as monument

#20: Re: Tanks preserved as monument Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:01 am
    ----
- Dontos

I've always liked the T34/76. Seems to me there are only a few examples left surviving. Don

Well we have two T34/76s at Aberdeen. Here are a couple shots of my favorite the cut open one in the warehouse. Neil probably has some better pics than mine (espcoally since these were some of he first I took with the Digital Camera a couple years ago)

And one through the side. Notice ther isn't a turret basket. You should see the ammo cans on the floor!

And one of the Engine

What the heck - Here is one looking at the floor of the crew compartment at the aft end of the turret

#21: Re: Tanks preserved as monument Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:42 am
    ----
Next image tank preserved as monument in Poland
Pt-76 from Lubrza

This monument have interesting story.
Tne first "tank" what was on monument was Su-76. Iin Poland we have only 3 Su-76 and this was transferd Musum in Warsaw. Next on monument was gun Zis-3 but citizen Lubrza protested and Museum give him this tank.

#22: Re: Tanks preserved as monument Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:19 am
    ----
Next tank preserved as monument in Poland
T-34/85 from Miroslawiec

#23: Re: Tanks preserved as monument Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:24 am
    ----
T-34/76 from Studzianki Pancerne (Poland)

#24: Re: Tanks preserved as monument Author: SteveC86Location: Yorktown, VA PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:17 pm
    ----
Yes, the T-34 at the front of this thread is mounted dramatically, but I'm betting it was the result of someone not making the plinth long enough in the first place...

#25: Re: Tanks preserved as monument Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:32 pm
    ----
- Dontos
I've always liked the T34/76. Seems to me there are only a few examples left surviving.

Maybe not so few examples.

There are 2 T-34/76 in Aberdeen, 2 in the Kubinka Tank Museum, 2 in the Victory Memorial, Moscow and 1 in the Museum of the red Army, Moscow, 1 in the Panzermuseum Münster and 1 in the Saumur Tank Museum, 8 in Poland, as Polar said, 1 in running condition in Lesany (Cz), 1 in the Vojenské Technické Muzeum in Czech Republic, 2 in the Sowjetisches Ehrenmal Berlin-Tiergarten, 1 was found in a bog in Estonia with Wehrmacht markings..T-34 recovered in Estonia

2 more T-34/76 in the Parola Finnish Armour Museum and 1 more in the Savon Prikaati garrison in Mikkeli, Finland

so the count is 25 for then.. not including those I don't know yet...However, for sure much more shermans survived..

Pierre-Olivier

#26: Re: Tanks preserved as monument Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:56 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
- Dontos
I've always liked the T34/76. Seems to me there are only a few examples left surviving.

There are 2 T-34/76 in Aberdeen, 2 in the Kubinka Tank Museum, 2 in the Victory Memorial, Moscow and 1 in the Museum of the red Army, Moscow, 1 in the Panzermuseum Münster and 1 in the Saumur Tank Museum, 8 in Poland, as Polar said, 1 in running condition in Lesany (Cz), 1 in the Vojenské Technické Muzeum in Czech Republic, 2 in the Sowjetisches Ehrenmal Berlin-Tiergarten, 1 was found in a bog in Estonia with Wehrmacht markings..T-34 recovered in Estonia

2 more T-34/76 in the Parola Finnish Armour Museum and 1 more in the Savon Prikaati garrison in Mikkeli, Finland

so the count is 25 for then.. not including those I don't know yet...However, for sure much more shermans survived..

Pierre-Olivier

One of the T34/76s at Aberdeen was in German service when it was aquired by the U.S. Army. The other was supplied (along with the KV1c) by the Soviet Government. They wanted the U.S. to produce them under Lend-Lease. after the difficulty of converting it to American production methods was figured out the Soviets decided to take Shermans instead.

#27: Re: Tanks preserved as monument Author: recceboyLocation: Edmonton,Alberta PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:57 am
    ----
Great photos , I was in Poland back in 2004 and took a load of photos and will find them and post 'em. As , soon as I un pack.........:(

#28: Re: Tanks preserved as monument Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:28 am
    ----
- the_shadock
- Dontos

Pierre-Olivier

I know that is one T-34/76 in THE MUSEUM "THE HISTORY OF TANK T-34" near Moscow http://tanksinmoscow.ru/index_02.htm and Novosokolniki, Pskov region in Russia

#29: Re: Tanks preserved as monument Author: PolarLocation: Poland PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:14 am
    ----
Next tanks monument in Poland:

Mniszew

Poznań

Ã…Å¡cinawa

#30: Re: Tanks preserved as monument Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:39 pm
    ----
- Polar
Yes, this tank have few part from others tanks

In Poland we have 8 T-34/76 and 3 are preserved as monument

Please could you give me the exact location of those 8 T-34/76? I know 4 of them, 2 in Gdansk, 1 in Poznan and 1 in Studzianki Pancerne. Where are located the other ones?

thanks a lot

Pierre-Olivier

-> AFV News Discussion Board