Dragon boxcar?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Dragon boxcar? Author: geoffsteer PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:49 am
    ----
Hi Guys-
I thought I knew about all types of rolling stock made by Dragon, they were all flatcars, three in total. Lately, I have noticed some postings on other forums that mention a Dragon boxcar. To me, boxcar means a covered wagon as made by Baluard (see what I am talking about on page three of the Baluard site www.baluardmodels.com/...ucts.htm). So, did I miss one?
With thanks-
Geoff Steer [;-{/)

#2: Re: Dragon boxcar? Try this link... Author: geoffsteer PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:53 am
    ----
Hi Guys-
The link I provided in my original posting does not seem to be working, try this one:
www.baluardmodels.com/products.htm
Hope this one works-
Geoff Steer [;-{/)

#3: Re: Dragon boxcar? Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:50 pm
    ----
I know Ironside did a boxcar, not sure about Dragon. I can check my old Squadron Mail Order catalogs if necessary.

#4: Re: Dragon boxcar? Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:33 pm
    ----
I dont know if anyone is interested or not, but I have taken quite a few pictures, (real suprise huh?) of various locomotives, ambulance cars, mess cars, sleeping quarters, cabooses, and "Berlin" cars to name a few while here at Ft Eustis. If anyone is interested, I could post them. I actually climbed into the mess, sleeping and ambulance cars while they were in a holding yard about two weekends ago. No one was around, they were unsecure, I had my camera, and soon I was taking pictures. I believe the cars are from the 1940-50's. I also got a shot or two of the Chesapeke and Ohio locomotive down at the War Museum. While not a personal serious interest of mine, trains and ships were there so I took pictures figuring someone else might be interested. I also took alot of pictures of the various landing craft, barges, and transport ships that were moored down at the Eustis docks.

#5: Re: Dragon boxcar? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:35 am
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
I dont know if anyone is interested or not, but I have taken quite a few pictures, (real suprise huh?) of various locomotives, ambulance cars, mess cars, sleeping quarters, cabooses, and "Berlin" cars to name a few while here at Ft Eustis. If anyone is interested, I could post them. I actually climbed into the mess, sleeping and ambulance cars while they were in a holding yard about two weekends ago. No one was around, they were unsecure, I had my camera, and soon I was taking pictures. I believe the cars are from the 1940-50's. I also got a shot or two of the Chesapeke and Ohio locomotive down at the War Museum. While not a personal serious interest of mine, trains and ships were there so I took pictures figuring someone else might be interested. I also took alot of pictures of the various landing craft, barges, and transport ships that were moored down at the Eustis docks.

That was one of the things I liked about being stationed in the Hampton Roads area. a lot of variety. I used to drive through Norfolk Navy Base on a regular basis on my way to classes at ODU. Cruise down the road next to the peirs to see what carriers, destroyers, subs were in port.

If you thing the Wisconson looks impressive now from the bow imagine when it was down at it's proper waterline sitting next to a carrier like the USS John F. Kennedy. The carrier is HUGE but the New Jersey looked MEAN.

I also took classes in the casemate area of Ft Monroe. on breaks you could walk up on the ramparts and look out to near where the Virginia and the Monotor fought (and where the MIssouri ran aground Smile )

#6: Re: Dragon boxcar? Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:24 pm
    ----
[img][/img][img][/img]
There certainly is a variety around the Ft Eustis area, however there is little to no "armor" around here as I'm sure most of this DG would like to see. This is an example of the type of rail car pictures I have taken. This particular locomotive is scheduled for placement at the museum eventually. I don't have it's particular info on me as I write this, but I do have it in my hotel room. I believe this was a pretty common "military" type locomotive from the 50's on-ward.

-> AFV News Discussion Board