Howard 500 Real World Renderings
-> FS2004

#1: Howard 500 Real World Renderings Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:30 am
    ----
Dave sent these beautiful pics taken as he was flying formation with the T6 Texan group out of Minneapolis. Enjoy.

#2: Re: Howard 500 Real World Renderings Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:01 am
    ----
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Awesome pic's !

Thankx for sharing 'm with us !

fled
Cool

#3: Re: Howard 500 Real World Renderings Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:01 am
    ----
Wow, outstanding indeed!
Cool
I just resized the 2nd one to fit as desktop background.
Thank you very much, Milton!

Marco

#4: Re: Howard 500 Real World Renderings Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:28 pm
    ----
Milton, I have a small question for you regarding the FS9 version of the Howard. What is needed to remove the rudder control on the tail wheel? I remember that the original one you did had a freewheeling tail wheel and when the differential brakes were applied, the tail wheel turned. As a result you could litterally turn on a dime if you had the brake control. I don't remember what was on the original that allowed it to do that. You see recently, I bought a set of the CH pedal that have the toe tip differential brakes. I'd like to reset it to the way it was originally.

#5: Re: Howard 500 Real World Renderings Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:42 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Rodion
Wow, outstanding indeed!
Cool
I just resized the 2nd one to fit as desktop background.
Thank you very much, Milton!

Marco

LOL Marco, so did I...lol

Thanks for the pics Milton...:chug:

#6: Re: Howard 500 Real World Renderings Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:22 pm
    ----
- RCAF_Wingnut
Milton, I have a small question for you regarding the FS9 version of the Howard. What is needed to remove the rudder control on the tail wheel? I remember that the original one you did had a freewheeling tail wheel and when the differential brakes were applied, the tail wheel turned. As a result you could litterally turn on a dime if you had the brake control. I don't remember what was on the original that allowed it to do that. You see recently, I bought a set of the CH pedal that have the toe tip differential brakes. I'd like to reset it to the way it was originally.

In the aircraft.cfg contact point.0, change the deflection back to 180 degrees. The original and alternate were both there as examples.

#7: Re: Howard 500 Real World Renderings Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:47 pm
    ----
Thanks Milton, I look it over and it looks like Its already set.

#8: Re: Howard 500 Real World Renderings Author: horseman88 PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:50 am
    ----
i know this post is like ancient, in comp world terms Razz but just wanted to add i actually re-sized 1 n 2 for my wallpaper collection Smile
heh, i wonder if that texan was having a hard time keeping up O:-)

#9: Re: Howard 500 Real World Renderings Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:17 am
    ----
Hiya Horseman88 and yep, those are some great pics indeed!

#10: Re: Howard 500 Real World Renderings Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:05 am
    ----
Also keep in mind that when you run the castoring tailwheel (180 in cfg) that the yoke locks the tailwheel position when pulling back a few degrees.

Also guys (and gals), I do believe I have larger versions of these pictures somewhere if you are interested.

#11: Re: Howard 500 Real World Renderings Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:00 am
    ----
- Milton
Also guys (and gals), I do believe I have larger versions of these pictures somewhere if you are interested.

Milton,

We are always interrested in larger size pictures Cool

Many Many thankx in advance

#12: Re: Howard 500 Real World Renderings Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:49 am
    ----
Ditto what Fled said...

#13: Re: Howard 500 Real World Renderings Author: MiltonLocation: New Mexico PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:59 pm
    ----
Well, hmmmph! I have not yet found the larger pics and I believe I also lost about 400 reference pics we took for the project. I may have them on a backup CD somewhere.

Meanwhile, I found this picture Scott took while in flight to KOSH at various altitudes. This one at FL180 to capture the gauge readouts.

www.flightsimonline.co.../fl180.JPG

And this one in the hangar after the ECU, panel and some gauges were upgraded.

www.flightsimonline.co...C00871.JPG

#14: Re: Howard 500 Real World Renderings Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:01 pm
    ----
Thankx Milton,

Just keep 'm coming ! Cool

#15: Re: Howard 500 Real World Renderings Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:57 am
    ----

-> FS2004